PDA

View Full Version : Okay, Okay, Now's your time to gloat

mattchuck2
02-26-2006, 07:49 PM
How were the slides on Saturday?

I wish I was there, but I made the ill-fated decision to ski Gore. Don't get me wrong, Gore was great, but I've never skied the slides and feel as though I may have missed my best chance. Give it to me straight . . . how was it?!?!?!?!

AdironRider
02-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Gore was pretty sweet actually on Sat. Perfect day for my first time there. Wish they had groomed just Lies or just Rumor though on Sunday. It would be nice to have some carvable runs down those bad boys. But who am I kidding, the slides must have been sick.

highpeaksdrifter
02-27-2006, 08:01 AM

I wish I was there, but I made the ill-fated decision to ski Gore. Don't get me wrong, Gore was great, but I've never skied the slides and feel as though I may have missed my best chance. Give it to me straight . . . how was it?!?!?!?!

You made the worst skiing decision of your life. What you couldn't bare to drive the extra 40 minutes to ski THE FREAKIN SLIDES? There was a ton of snow, waist to chest deep in spots. You did have to be careful though, lots of chances to get hurt if you were not, especially in slide 1. It made my season. Hopefully, they'll be open for this weekend.

I don't know what we're going to do with you MattChuck. Well at least you got to ski Rumor for the millionith time. :wink:

mattchuck2
02-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Haha, thanks . . that's what I needed . . . that'll teach me . . . ;-)

Got a week off next week . . . I've already started crossing my fingers

Son of Drifter
02-27-2006, 09:46 AM

You silly little man. If Gore was great than the word haven't been invented yet to describe how freaking awesome Whiteface was Saturday. Slides open, relentless snow fall all day. Unbelievable. This early opening of the Slides helps your chances of getting in there this year chunk but a worst decision you could not have made. I'm sure ripping Wood Lot North was worth it though. :twisted:

P.S. We're laughing with you. :twisted: