PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

tjf67
04-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Got to the hill about 10 this morning. They got about 3 four inches of snow. It did snow for 24 hrs but nothing really accumulated. What did happen was the snow being as sticky as it was all stickin in the troughs. It was deep and gloopy from mountian run down on the sides. Lots of fun. The sun was out MR down for most of the day. On Essex along the lt side I would have to officially declare powder. It was not gloops it was powder. The wind blew all the snow off the trail over onto the left side. We hit it 3/4 time before it started to warm up. Probably ranged from 12 inches to 24 inches.

Wilderness opened after lunch and it was pretty deep and gloppy. Funs stuff.

No summit wind hold

:shock: The question is. WHERE WERE YOU!!

NPN
04-05-2009, 07:10 PM
:shock: The question is. WHERE WERE YOU!!

You got that right.

After seeing how much snow we lost when I arrived Friday ( and knowing I had to work the mountain Sunday ), I realized it was going to be a LONG weekend.

Then the Saturday washout. YEOUCHHH!

But who would've guessed such a little dump could turn the place around like that. THROW THAT DOG A BONE!

Momo Nature can still bite me BIG TIME for her pathetic support this season, but I sure am grateful for today.

Way unexpected fun.

Denison
04-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I did not go, because I figured the summit will be closed Sunday as is was on Saturday due to winds...

What are upcoming weekend chances? I know it's suppose to rain hard today :(

snowman
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
NPN is right - the mountain seemed like a different place between Sat and Sunday. I was surprised how much dirt a little snow can cover. I am pretty sure I skied over some spots that were bare the day before with hardly a nick. I wonder what the top was like. There has to be some snow up there.

I finally got a chance to chase tjf around the mountain. - definitely a good time!

It seemed to melt pretty fast. It looks like a little more on the way. We can always hope!

NPN
04-06-2009, 07:55 PM
What are upcoming weekend chances?:(

The call will come Wednesday.

All I can say for myself is that a season without Pond Skimming is a season without closure.