PDA

View Full Version : Conditions on Sunday of 2/26...

Nor'easter
02-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I was supposed to go this Sunday but I over slept and was never able to make the 4 hour drive. I heard from weather reports that the snow had a higher fluff factor than normal with 20:1 inch ratios with 10-16 inches reported on the mountain. So how were the conditions?

tjf67
02-27-2006, 07:48 AM
COnditions were pretty good. They ground the fluff into the groomed trails and got rid of all the ice. The ungroomed trail had powder up to your knees but underneath you could still feel the effects of last weekends thaw/freeze.

The slides were open and the conditions in there were fun as heck. Part powder skiing part ski for you life. The Waterfalls in slide one were treachoras and they closed them off after about an hour. SLide two was a long powder run with a series of 5 foot drops to get out.

Did I mention th slides were open. Man that was a great day

freeheelwilly
02-27-2006, 09:05 AM
In a word: Awesome.

Slide one was waist deep down to the waterfall, then they shunted you off left and it was pretty sketch for a while before you could get some nice turns in again at the bottom.

Uppercloud, Empire, northway, lower Mac (for some reason upper mac was closed :?: whatever,), parkway were all incredible. high country and tenth mountain were soft and sweet. I didn't get on wilderness but they were hammering it all day with the guns and I heard it was great. top day of the year for me (so far). the only thing that was a little "weird" were parts of lower sky - lots of powder but patches of glare ice from last weekend's disaster. sorry phineas and tsvalion missed it but next weekend will be great too. let's hope that thursday/friday storm comes through. latest models put it south a bit but that's a ways off and things could change.

TJ, were you there yesterday? Didn't see ya'.

tjf67
02-27-2006, 10:07 AM
I was there. Joy and I were skiing. Went up lift six and exited skiers right and did not see her again untl we were done. Was hoping we I would see you I dont like sking alone. So many people in the slide I felt safe though.

How about going through those trees to escape the waterfall. That was a PITA.

Any word about the injury in there?

Son of Drifter
02-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I was there. Joy and I were skiing. Went up lift six and exited skiers right and did not see her again untl we were done. Was hoping we I would see you I dont like sking alone. So many people in the slide I felt safe though.

I don't like hearing that. If people start getting hurt, the slides won't be opening as much. This was Sunday? :twisted:

tjf67
02-27-2006, 10:59 AM

I don't like hearing that. If people start getting hurt, the slides won't be opening as much. This was Sunday? :twisted:
Yes it does kinda suck. However I am guessing if they counted the numbers they would be less than out on the marked tails. They closed them down a while to pull them off.

Son of Drifter
02-27-2006, 11:02 AM

Yes it does kinda suck. However I am guessing if they counted the numbers they would be less than out on the marked tails. They closed them down a while to pull them off.

Any details? :twisted:

freeheelwilly
02-27-2006, 11:06 AM
I didn't hear about this. That sucks.

Tsavolion
02-27-2006, 11:44 AM
In a word: Awesome.

Slide one was waist deep down to the waterfall, then they shunted you off left and it was pretty sketch for a while before you could get some nice turns in again at the bottom.

Uppercloud, Empire, northway, lower Mac (for some reason upper mac was closed :?: whatever,), parkway were all incredible. high country and tenth mountain were soft and sweet. I didn't get on wilderness but they were hammering it all day with the guns and I heard it was great. top day of the year for me (so far). the only thing that was a little "weird" were parts of lower sky - lots of powder but patches of glare ice from last weekend's disaster. sorry phineas and tsvalion missed it but next weekend will be great too. let's hope that thursday/friday storm comes through. latest models put it south a bit but that's a ways off and things could change.

TJ, were you there yesterday? Didn't see ya'.

aww..thanks willy. i am going to make up for it this march..starting thursday, when i will actually be on the payroll to ski!

freeheelwilly
02-27-2006, 11:55 AM
I'll be there Thursday too. tell phineas to come. And ed.

Tsavolion
02-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I'll be there Thursday too. tell phineas to come. And ed.

he already is--you dont think he would let me ski while he works do you? :wink: