PDA

View Full Version : Any new news?

NPN
05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I was just reading through the "Interconnect" thread over on the Gore side of the board. They seem to know a lot about funding for next season that I don't see anyone mentioning on the Whiteface side of the block.

Is it a big secret, or didn't we get any dough for '09/'10 worth posting about?

highpeaksdrifter
05-11-2009, 07:57 AM
I've asked around, but my "sources" have not heard anything definite. I'd be happy if they just installed snowmaking on Hoyt's.

NPN
05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I've asked around, but my "sources" have not heard anything definite. I'd be happy if they just installed snowmaking on Hoyt's.

Yeah, you, and me both.

But, I still don't get how the Gore crowd can know what's coming their way if nobody knows what's coming our way?

Anyway, thanks for checkin'.

Happy Black Flys to ya'.

oldskibum
05-16-2009, 09:47 AM

Yeah, you, and me both.

But, I still don't get how the Gore crowd can know what's coming their way if nobody knows what's coming our way?

Happy Black Flys to ya'. The info for Gore was in a news release, and aired on channel 5 last week one day, but no mention of WF. Don't undrstand it either! Just hope for the best.

NPN
05-17-2009, 07:00 PM

Yeah, you, and me both.

Happy Black Flys to ya'. The info for Gore was in a news release, and aired on channel 5 last week one day, but no mention of WF. Don't undrstand it either! Just hope for the best.

Weird, but thanks for that.

Adirondackskier
05-20-2009, 09:45 AM
You have to remember the Gore interconnect project funding was approved a number of years ago before the current fiscal crunch.

Whiteface will have a summer improvement update shortly. There are a couple of possibilities and they are trying to make them happen.

highpeaksdrifter
05-20-2009, 10:13 AM
You have to remember the Gore interconnect project funding was approved a number of years ago before the current fiscal crunch.

Whiteface will have a summer improvement update shortly. There are a couple of possibilities and they are trying to make them happen.

Thanks for that, please let us know when you can.

NPN
05-20-2009, 08:00 PM

I agree on the "thanks for that", and I hope you don't take it in the wrong way that I put the question out there.

I'm still tryin' to get all Ghondi (yes, I boned the spelling in a pathetic attempt at humor ) about the dollars Whiteface lost to Gore on the Lookout project, but I don't seem to be able to bury the snowmaker's shovels just yet.

Adirondackskier
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Well Whiteface and Gore are family and really nothing good ever comes out of a family fight over cash. I dig Gore and I think that everyone wins when both mountains have improvements.

Speaking of improvements I did forget to tell everyone that yes one item on the wishlist will come true:

New seat covers for the Summit Quad or Chair 6 as all the locals call it........they will be installed this summer.......

NPN
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
New seat covers for the Summit Quad or Chair 6 as all the locals call it........they will be installed this summer.......

Luvin' that!

I still joyously remember my first ride up Lookout last season; way unexpectedly cushy sensation.

The Jersey couple riding up with me both let out an audible, "Oh my" as soon as we left the ground ( I assumed it was all about the plush seat cushions; color me simple ).

oldskibum
06-12-2009, 03:41 PM
the "zip line" that was to built at the ski jumps for this summer? or was it just a mid- winter rumor? Just asking.

Baldtodabone
06-14-2009, 10:57 AM
The zipline was tabled for now I believe. I think the ORDA board was concerned about taking out a loan with the economy going south. A Frisbee golf course at Whiteface is going in this summer though.

Jack the Ripper
07-02-2009, 05:11 PM

Luvin' that!

I still joyously remember my first ride up Lookout last season; way unexpectedly cushy sensation.

The Jersey couple riding up with me both let out an audible, "Oh my" as soon as we left the ground ( I assumed it was all about the plush seat cushions; color me simple ).

They were more than likely taken back by the rugged good looks of their chair buddy. I do dig that new chair. It was like being at another mountain.

NPN
07-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Luvin' that!

They were more than likely taken back by the rugged good looks of their chair buddy.

Damn, true, or not, I owe you a tasty Mendocino sec for the thought ( better yet, I may've found a new publisist (sp) )

Hope you're enjoying our incredibly odd Summer.

Jack the Ripper
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Luvin' that!

They were more than likely taken back by the rugged good looks of their chair buddy.

Damn, true, or not, I owe you a tasty Mendocino sec for the thought ( better yet, I may've found a new publisist (sp) )

Hope you're enjoying our incredibly odd Summer.

It's about half over so that's something. I can't stand all the freaking rain. I hope the best for the publistist situation.

Snowballs
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
:oops: uuhhhh.................what's the zipline?

highpeaksdrifter
07-09-2009, 07:06 PM
:oops: uuhhhh.................what's the zipline?

They where considering putting a zip line at the ski jump complex.

http://www.mindanao.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/zip-line-of-mawapa.jpg

Snowballs
07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
oh yeah! thanks. those are fun. when i was a youngun, there was a pond with one over it. you'ld let go of the T-bar and splash! sadly nowdays, i'm sure it would bring litigation.

I read a story how, back in the day, in Glens Falls there used to be a family who had a rope tow on their back yard hill. people would ski and sled off of it. if it wasn't turned on, a kid could just knock on the back door, when it opened he would hand in the electrical extension cord and the property owner would plug it in so that people could rip. i miss those kinda simpler times.

I:)skiing
07-10-2009, 05:18 AM
www.skiroundtop.com

Zipline complex from the top....3 hours to accomplish the mission. I have not done it yet but this is sure to be a summer money maker for this hill. Imagine what WF/Gore could do.

If the Jump Hill puts one in, should be fun and profitable.