PDA

View Full Version : New Developements

Snowballs
06-03-2009, 11:39 AM
i just read thru the email link that Gore sent out concerning the season pass price deadline. here's what they list as new developement. some we knew.

Snowmaking on Sags.

Expansion and renovation of the Bowl's lodge. Season Passes good for afternoon and Twilight skiing. (day tickets also?)

Many Base lodge improvements...Ticketing, food service and retail.

Improved access to the base of the high speed Burnt Ridge Quad. :shock:

" We plan to feature a Bigger and Better Terrrain Park on a widened Wild Air." :shock: :shock:

notice the words "plan to " in that last statement. sounds like a definite maybe. :lol:

wish they'ld post some photos. maybe those of us who venture up that way can post some photos and any additional info, updates or thoughts.

***EDIT***
Also the payment plan on Full season passes is new.......BUT it comes with caveat that i feel people should be aware of for their financial protection. IF the card payment is declined or the card is cancelled during the payment period the purchaser will forfeit all previous payments toward the season pass! that's more than a little hard ball. one could lose $500 + on a computer glitch. consider this.......a local Cumberland Farms store here and their ATM, frequently rejects debit cards that have plenty of cash on them. immediately cross the street to another store and the sale goes thru. i've experienced it and seen it happen to others. Be Careful!

I see on the news that credit card companies are cancelling many, many accounts, even people with good credit and UP TO DATE payments. if that happens to you while on this payment plan.....you'll get screwed!

i found this info on Gore's downloadable application form. Whiteface is also offering the payment plan, but no downloadable form. as you navigate thru your purchase you'll have to sign off on " Whiteface conditions of purchase " it doesn't mention the forfeiture aspect.........BE CAREFUL.

this hardball approach by Gore is not warranted or cool. Especially for a State Agency. I've never heard of any other businesses doing this.

SIAWOL
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
" We plan to feature a Bigger and Better Terrrain Park on a widened Wild Air." :shock: :shock:

Can "we" as ski industry patrons and operators--for the love of Ullr--please stop widening trails?

The trails get wider, they get more "vanilla", the require more snowmaking, more grooming, the snow blows off them, more snowmaking damages the trees on the trail edge faster, the trail gets even wider...It's a vicious cycle. I know at Sugarloaf they made Haulback so wide it's ridiculous--and the tree stands separating it from the two adjacent trails get narrower every year.

Haven't been skiing Gore long enough to know where that's a problem, but I wouldn't embrace widening any trails up there just on principle...

skimore
06-04-2009, 11:11 PM
How about a ski report that's even slightly useful. Not this snow for the last 7 days crap on the webiste. Who cares if they got 12" 5 days ago. How about what came overnight. Every other mountain including the mom and pops will provide this info. Some evenings it was even updated with what was forecasted for the next day. What a joke

One day last year at 8:30 am the report you would see posted in lodge was from the day before. I asked the person at customer service desk if todays was available and they stated "no". I asked if they knew if it snowed up top because their was some rain at lower elevation. I got blank stare. Truely some clueless management there.

Harvey44
06-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Don't widen anything ever. If they ever touch Lower Steilhang, I'll hang up my season pass.

I'm totally with skimore on the snow report too. Where have they made snow? How much fell? It should be updated at 6am. I'd post a report from North River (2000') if they let me. Why bother printing those snow report on the counter if they are from yesterday. By the time those things come out (10am?) the horse is outa the barn. Snowmaking last 48 hours? What?

x10003q
06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
How about some web cams to go with those morning snow updates? Emily the Gore marketing wizard doesn't believe in cams. They might show crowds or bad weather and people would not come to the mountain. Somehow they seem to work at WF. I look at those cams multiple times per day (along with a few other cams). Way to know your market. Skiers like to look at what is going on at their favorite mountain and sometimes any mountain. During storms I sometimes check Camelback, Liberty and Roundtop in PA, Hunta, Plattekill and Windham in the Catskills and McCauley and WF in the Dacks to see where the snow is falling.

It is the information age! Lets join the 1990s! Please? Pretty Please?

By the way the section of Wild Air just below the end of Sleigh Ride needs to be widened. That is a dangerous choke point with Gondi towers in the mix. Gore does have a good mix of wide and narrow trails. It would be nice if they did a narrow trail off Burnt Ridge. I am sure they could find something steep with a double fall line ala Goat at Stowe. They could start it to skiers left of Sag - just like Goat. Maybe it is already there........

adkskier
06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
What does this mean "We'll be improving access to Burnt Ridge Mountain, home to Gore's luxurious high-speed quad and some of the most interesting views we have."
I understand English so my question is "in what way will access be improved"?

Snowballs
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
What does this mean "We'll be improving access to Burnt Ridge Mountain, home to Gore's luxurious high-speed quad and some of the most interesting views we have."
I understand English so my question is "in what way will access be improved"?

hack a small connecting trail tween twister and echo ? rides from Megatron's lil snowmobile guy ? mushers and sled dogs lead by that damn unicorn ? tie Snowballs to a bunch of skiers then whip his ass good 'till he pulls them across Cedars ? :shock:

Rudolph and Company ?..... Hey flying reindeer would be cool!

don't know. hope they got something up their sleeve.

Yeti driven snow cat.........

I:)skiing
06-06-2009, 04:19 AM
[quote="x10003q"]How about some web cams to go with those morning snow updates? Emily the Gore marketing wizard doesn't believe in cams. I look at those cams multiple times per day (along with a few other cams). Way to know your market. Skiers like to look at what is going on at their favorite mountain and sometimes any mountain. During storms I sometimes check Camelback, Liberty and Roundtop in PA, Hunta, Plattekill and Windham in the Catskills and McCauley and WF in the Dacks to see where the snow is falling.

It is the information age! Lets join the 1990s! Please? Pretty Please?

[quote]

Have to agree here.....Gore could use at least 5. Rumor/Lies cam, Gondi base cam, Something showing the views of BR,
Park rats have to have their (or two as these folks really use the cams) and one in the beginner area.