PDA

View Full Version : AlpineZone & SKIADK for sale

highpeaksdrifter
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
http://forums.alpinezone.com/57959-alpinezone-com-sale.html

Snowballs
06-26-2009, 08:48 AM
any idea what amount of money he's lookin to get? just curious.

Harvey44
06-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Hey Snowballs... for the sake of offseason entertainment...how would you run it? What would you do differently?

highpeaksdrifter
06-26-2009, 04:39 PM

I don't know, but you can PM him.

highpeaksdrifter
06-26-2009, 04:41 PM

Hey Snowballs... for the sake of offseason entertainment...how would you run it? What would you do differently?

Harv, I think you should go for it. If you ran it like your blog I'd bet you'd be very successful. You have the tech savvy.

Denison
06-26-2009, 09:17 PM
SKIADK ain't worth much, if shit hit the fan we could just move elsewhere, remember RSN?
If I were the man in charge here I'd advertise more at Gore and Whiteface bulletin boards and let the banned folks back in.

Did tjf67 want to take the helm of SKIADK at one point?

Denison
06-26-2009, 09:21 PM
wow, this was the first time i wrote one of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words and it came out as s***. nice work, phpBB

Harvey44
06-28-2009, 06:48 AM

Harv, I think you should go for it. If you ran it like your blog I'd bet you'd be very successful. You have the tech savvy.

I'm no techie. That blog I have is free from Google = WAY simple.

Any idea what kind of time Greg spends on it? This economy has really reduced my available time, and money for that matter. Even coming up with the cash for the next years passes wasn't easy.

I sent Greg a PM.

Still want to hear Snowballs ideas.

Snowballs
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
i'm thinking. maybe if you give me a cookie it would help! :D

Snowballs
06-29-2009, 12:08 PM
.............maybe we need a contingency plan. if the plug gets pulled, we'll all meet at .........

does anybody know if google or rsn, etc have forums available ? a place for some homeless ADK skiers ?

highpeaksdrifter
06-29-2009, 01:31 PM
.............maybe we need a contingency plan. if the plug gets pulled, we'll all meet at .........

does anybody know if google or rsn, etc have forums available ? a place for some homeless ADK skiers ?

2 1/2 years ago, when 3 members where banned, I got an email from one of them to meet at First Track. I registered and a couple of others too, but it never took hold.

I would hate to lose this forum. Everything ends sooner or later, hopefully it will be much later. I think alot depends on who buys AlpineZone. Greg might consider selling SKIADK seperately, but that’s just speculation on my part.

Snowballs
06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
i'ld hate to see it go also. probably not gonna happen. perhaps Greg would give us a "heads up" if need be to make other plans. HPD do you have or want to gather all our email addresses? Harv says there's a cookie in it for you.

Greg, is there anything we could do to help? thanks for providing a forum for us all these years! we appreciate it, thanks again.

Snowballs
07-11-2009, 01:46 PM
i had an idea.......just in case, "IF" the plug does get pulled, we could use Harv's blog as a regrouping site. ok with you Harv?

Denison
07-11-2009, 07:01 PM
i had an idea.......just in case, "IF" the plug does get pulled, we could use Harv's blog as a regrouping site. ok with you Harv?

good idea. there is also adkforum.com, anyone posts there ?

Harvey44
07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I lurked, followed and posted on adkforum for a while. I thought the moderation was pretty heavy handed. The only thread I ever started got deleted before there was a single response. In a PM, I asked one of the moderators what was going on. His response:

"Not that you did anything wrong, but we've had a lot of threads that have gone south lately, with the usual gang of suspects jumping in and and doing their best tabloid newspaper editorial imitations. As a result, your post got zapped."

That really rubbed me the wrong way. Come on...they deleted my thread because...wait...I'm still not sure why. Because some other threads went south? CMAFB.

With regard to using my blog...hey I'd love to have more people following Harvey Road. It's got a pretty meager following - especially in summer. But I'm not sure the blog format lends itself to forum usage. I think I'm the only one who can start a thread. There might be a way work around it.

I still think we should hope Greg finds a buyer.

If not, there are lots of free forum software packages and hosting options out there. You just need someone with some time to manage the thing.

Snowballs
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
well, what i was thinking........ if need be, everybody check Harvey Road for the next gen site, harv will have a link posted if someone gets another replacement forum going. hope we won't need that path, just being prepared.

Snowballs
10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
i noticed alot of blank ads appearing on this site lately. we are losing advertisement money.

i've been posting alot trying to keep the traffic numbers up and spead my blah, blah, blahs.

Is there anything we can do to help, HPD, Greg?

Harv, are we still on for a rendevous at your site for the contingency plan?

Start clickin on the banner ads!

Are you guys gonna ditch me? :? LOL