PDA

View Full Version : Weekend info...

mattyR
07-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Anyone know if the bridge on Peaceful Valley Rd. is still out? That detour is pain. Also, what time are the fireworks at the Ski Bowl Saturday night?

Hopefully the forecast improves...

Snowballs
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
didn't know the bridge was out.....flood?

fireworks shortly after dusk. Party at Harv's to follow. i'm bringing my own cookie and Unicorn.

Danzilla
07-03-2009, 12:31 PM
You know you can take back to sodom road to go around the bridge right?

Happy 4th everyone. We are up in burlington for the 4th. Had lunch at Stowe a few days ago. They put in a super nice new lodge in at the base of spuce. Felt like we were at vail or aspen almost. They have some nice steeps there at stowe. Gotta make a trip up here this winter.

Dzilla

Snowballs
07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
the ferry ride at Burlington across Lake Champlain is nice. keep an eye out for Champ - America's version of the Loch Ness monster. once on the New York side the Ausable Chasm is real cool. ride the raft down and return along the chasm's rim trail. short and easy. nice time. course with all the rain you may need to skip the raft and just walk the paths. don't know if you ever have done these, just some FWIW. Happy Fourth! Hot Dog!

adkskier
07-03-2009, 03:26 PM
The bridge is still out. As recently as 10 days ago, the foreman on the job promised completion for this weekend. My guess is that the rain set them back. The concrete work is done. Fireworks in the dustbowl at dusk.