PDA

View Full Version : Last year's reports add to stoke

mattchuck2
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Just reading the reports from last year, I'm getting super stoked for this coming season. A little sample:

First run down was pine knot to pinebrook glades. I was in heaven, pinebrook wasn't too chewed up yet and there was good cover. . . headed back up SB and over to the dark side, poached under the summit lift line, musta been the 3rd person down it, awesome, hucked a few of the boulders for a nice fluffy landing, fresh up to my knees and spraying up my chest.

When ski patrol dropped the ropes on the upper liftline portion below the quad, I dove into that waist deep powder.

i followed on guy in pinebrook and we split and he took oneside of the glades i had the other all untracked, that run was amazing. then went up and straightlined hawkeye and got first tracks under the straightbrook. that was without a doubt the best run of the day, i was choking on snow on everyturn and it was incredible. . .

definitely one of the best days in a while i rememberd. honestly id say its on par with the valentinnes day storm. not amount of snow, but amount of enjoyment.

Anywho, got to the top of the BR quad, just as the ropes dropped on Sagamore, and hit it like 5 times until it got skied off a bit. UNBELIEVABLE. We were in anywhere from knee deep to waist deep powder. I had never skied anything like that in the east before

Sunday was phenomenal. 7-8 inches of fresh (estimated), trees were a playground, Dark Side Glades, Lower Steilhang, and Upper Darby were open, Lower Newton's was sick, and most of the day was blue skies and sun. It's not very often in the east that you get a blue sky powder day, but we definitely had one today (especially this morning). If you didn't like skiing today, then you don't like skiing.

Rumor had big soft bumps, punctuated with a few rocks and ledges to keep you honest. Straight Brook Glades still had plenty of pow on the sides. Report from GF was that Hawkeye was the best she'd ever seen with No hard spots at all. . .
In exposed areas there was some wind pack but for the most part the mt was pretty much as good as it gets w/ 10-12" of fresh.

It's starting to pile up pretty good here. 6-7 inches and still coming down hard.

Glades were great. Same as yesterday but better. Tahawas was nirvana.

We had 3 days of awesome spring conditions. . . Hawkeye and Chati were great on Sunday. Nice and carvable but not too slushy

have been very very good,warm temps,soft snow,and sunshine,the hill has been looking very good . . . so if your not out there gettin it i suggest u do . . . theres still plenty of snow up top.
btw,never skied a trail 2day all woods.except for going down,they are goooood. 8)

I guess I could throw in some photos here too . . . Harv?

Harvey44
09-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm back at work after a nice week in North River, so I've got to do some work, I think. Anyway.

The REASON I started my blog was to have an easy way to fantasize about skiing when I wasn't skiing. (One thing I noticed was that when I went back to my TRs here...the pics were gone?)

Hard to derive stoke from last year without including 12/20. I skied the Cirque with a lady from FTO who totally rips:

http://www.postimage.org/TsG9wj9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

I'll try to come up with more later today. Do they have to be from last year? Great idea for a thread Matt.

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2008/12/more-photos-from-122008.html