PDA

View Full Version : Lift history

evantrentful
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Im just looking for some info on Lift History for whiteface, mainly what lifts were in place prior to the Gondi and FaceLift being built. Was there a fixed grip roughly inline where facelift currently sits?

highpeaksdrifter
10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Im just looking for some info on Lift History for whiteface, mainly what lifts were in place prior to the Gondi and FaceLift being built. Was there a fixed grip roughly inline where facelift currently sits?

What? After reading your posts on AZ I thought you knew everything about WF and Gore. :wink:

The Facelift took the place of 2 lifts that ran side by side. E lift was a triple that ran up to where the Facelift ends now. D was a double that ran to just above mid-station.

E Lift went to Gore and is now the Top Ridge Triple.

evantrentful
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
haha thanks for the info (I should have guessed I was asking for it when I posted this :) ) Its hard to find much info on whiteface pre 98/99 on the web. Ive lurked here for awhile gobbling up whiteface history, know of any consolidated source's (books, musems etc)?

highpeaksdrifter
10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Ive lurked here for awhile

Stop lurking and keep posting.

Harvey44
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Not exactly what you were looking for but kinda cool:

http://www.google.com/archivesearch?q=history+of+lifts+at+whiteface&scoring=t&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&nav_num=100