PDA

View Full Version : Gore webcam shows snomaking started

Denison
11-16-2009, 02:34 PM
there ain't no webcams on Gore, dream on ..

I:)skiing
11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Plain and simply: RUDE. Excited on two levels so the fall was even deeper.

Spongeworthy
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Fooled me too :shock:

Lbtchnlgs
11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Plain and simply: RUDE. Excited on two levels so the fall was even deeper. :twisted:

Snowballs
11-16-2009, 07:45 PM
that's so Jersey.

Denison
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Plain and simply: RUDE. Excited on two levels so the fall was even deeper.

I felt like doing something mischievous, but only truly naive could be fooled, so dont make me don't feel sorry.

edit: Well, now I feel bad. Must apologize. Sorry :oops:

HudsonHiker
11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
hook line and sinker I bought it. I'm just to dam anxious. I'll go for most anything about now. Thanks for the joke anyway.

Snowballs
11-16-2009, 09:51 PM
hook line and sinker I bought it. I'm just to dam anxious. I'll go for most anything about now. Thanks for the joke anyway.

Dude, you live in the area......it's been 50-60 degrees the last few days.....what were you thinkin? lol

i know, i know......we're all getting anxious...but don't let the flatlanders mess with ya.

Besides, the North Pole is here and we have a direct line to Santa. Does anybody think we should report naughty Denison to the Big Guy?

Harvey44
11-16-2009, 11:28 PM
HarveyCam Satellite shows snowmaking on Topridge and Foxlair:

http://s2.postimage.org/1ACAx9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1ACAx9)

I was fooled too.

mattchuck2
11-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Haha . . . Definitely!

fujative.
11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
that's so Jersey.
Hahah I died laughing.
..But Harv's from Jersey too, so we can't hate. Much :lol:

Harvey44
11-21-2009, 08:38 AM
that's so Jersey.
Hahah I died laughing.
..But Harv's from Jersey too, so we can't hate. Much :lol:

Comedy. Thanks for getting my back Fuje.

But you know ... with this whole Jersey thing - I'm in a twelve step program. My sponsor tells me I am making progress. 8)

adkskier
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Step 1 of the 12 Step NJ program - get rid of the funny looking yellow-ish plates.
Step 2 - if keeping the plates, please turn one upside down beginning Dec 1st so that the EMT and troopers may read your plates more easily when your car is on its roof in the ditch!
Step 3-

Snowballs
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
well, the NY Governor may make us get are own funny looking yellow plates. did you see those? they're ugly.

Spongeworthy
11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
well, the NY Governor may make us get are own funny looking yellow plates. did you see those? they're ugly.You know who didn't see them? Governor Paterson :lol:

CUskibum
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
well, the NY Governor may make us get are own funny looking yellow plates. did you see those? they're ugly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/nyregion/11plates.html

Wow, fail...

Lbtchnlgs
11-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Last week they were saying it's not going to pass

instead Gore will increase ticket prices to help state deficit

rossi
11-22-2009, 09:05 PM
You know who didn't see them? Governor Paterson

hahahahaha so much win.

fujative.
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
well, the NY Governor may make us get are own funny looking yellow plates. did you see those? they're ugly.You know who didn't see them? Governor Paterson :lol:

Hey why did Spitzer get caught?

Paterson was his lookout. :lol:

On another note, last year my friend and I rode up the gondi with Paterson's wife and kids.

Snowballs
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM
lol. hehehe. good ones guys.

i was gonna make a joke how Paterson wouldn't have to look at these ugly azz plates, but i chickened out. i'm contravercialouslyized enough. my amour's a lil dented.

those new plates are ugly. totally messing with the cool of mah ride. i'ld rather just send him a c-note and keep mah old vanities.

Paterson's his look out.....hehehehe.

the board is more fun when you 4 post.

nyspnypd
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM

On another note, last year my friend and I rode up the gondi with Paterson's wife and kids.

I heard that before and laughed. How did you fit in the gondola with all those state police?

fujative.
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM

I heard that before and laughed. How did you fit in the gondola with all those state police?

There were only 2 guards, Mrs. Paterson and I don't remember if it was one or two kids. either way it was just them and us, so 6 or 7 people in the cabin.
The kid who I was riding with's sister taught the governor's kids how to ski that weekend.

adkskier
11-23-2009, 07:25 AM
In order to reduce the deficit, Parking in the main lot will only be $2-, but it must be paid in coins and will be collected by off duty groomer operators holding boots to catch the coins in order to keep the traffic moving at a pace slow enough to manage....and Paterson will be doing the pre-opening trail checks.

adkskier
11-23-2009, 07:25 AM
In order to reduce the deficit, Parking in the main lot will only be $2-, but it must be paid in coins and will be collected by off duty groomer operators holding boots to catch the coins in order to keep the traffic moving at a pace slow enough to manage....and Paterson will be doing the pre-opening trail checks.

Jon951
11-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Jerz, NJork....same sh_t

Snowballs
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Jerz, NJork....same sh_t

lol. yea Yorkers aren't exactly known for their manners either. point well taken, at least by this PA. boy. there are nice people here though. they just tend to be over shadowed by the dinks.

Lbtchnlgs
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Someone posted on the Gore Facebook wall that they should have a web cam, Just looked and they deleted the post.

Don't think it's happening...

adkskier
11-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Someone should post it again!

Snowballs
11-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Digitial Graphitti?

Harvey44
11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Interesting....from the site:

"A couple of inches of new snow fell on top of Bear Mountain, look for snowmakers on Ruby Run, Sunway, & Quicksilver."

No mention of Topridge.

I've always thought there should be an official snowmaking thread. Maybe Denison would rename this one. Could take some of the heat off the dorks from Jersey. 8)

Denison
11-28-2009, 09:31 PM
no, we need another thread. there was a coating of snow on top today and i heard what sounded like snowmaking, but i think they were just blowing water/air. picture is coming

Denison
11-28-2009, 09:32 PM
http://s2.postimage.org/fLh1A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsfLh1A)

fujative.
11-29-2009, 02:01 AM
http://s2.postimage.org/fLh1A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsfLh1A)
Were you there today? i was up at 2ish. Took a ride on the gondi.

Denison
11-29-2009, 07:15 AM
I was around 11, didn't take my pass, no ride.

Harvey44
11-29-2009, 05:27 PM
no, we need another thread.

That thread has your name on it. :D

Snowmaking?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Creek-NY/Gore-Mountain/119555222608?ref=mf

Still looks way warm. Radar looks scary too.

rossi
11-29-2009, 05:46 PM
hahaha. they delelted my comment about the demo day.

Raymo40
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Went up to pick up my pass today. It was 51 degrees at my house in ballson Spa. 42 Degrees at the base. Took a gondola ride to top of Bear. 33 dregees and they were blowing snow on ruby run. Let it Snow.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3odMp_5ZE0

Harvey44
11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
42 Degrees at the base. Took a gondola ride to top of Bear. 33 degrees and they were blowing snow on ruby run.

Wow that's a big difference over 1500 feet. I'll take it. Even if it was Gak at 33 degrees.

Nice video work today Mr Ray.

Great to get a glimpse of the summit too.

Hope you don't mind that I highlighted some of your work you know where.

Raymo40
11-29-2009, 07:35 PM
No problem Harv. Use anything you want

Lbtchnlgs
11-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Interesting....from the site:

"A couple of inches of new snow fell on top of Bear Mountain, look for snowmakers on Ruby Run, Sunway, & Quicksilver."

No mention of Topridge.

I imagine they are shooting to be able to open for the masses with 1 long cruiser, starting to loose some serious $ if they aren't offering a Family oriented mountain by this weekend

We don't be skiing the upper mountain till January! Sounds backwards doesn't it?

Snowballs
11-29-2009, 11:58 PM
local weather reports are finally showing a week with highs only in the 40's, lows in the 30's...still shaky tho

if it gets cold, seems like they are better at covering ground faster. i think back to an ORDA meeting where Pratt said they can blow more snow simultaineously now..... as in at once. i've seen prolonged zero degree early December weather here before. sure would make up a lot of ground quick.

It's midnight. 35* here at exit 18. Albany news just reported it had dropped down the 35* there two hours ago BUT the SW wind picked up and raised the temperature back up to 50 Degrees!!!!!! what the heck! i suppose it will be 40*+ here soon and at Gore before sunrise. that's screwed up.

They say cold air is right behind it with elevational snow showers starting a 7pm Monday. I'll watch, maybe pigs will be flying. Everybody cross their fingers!

11-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Sadly....Saturday and Sunday were absolutely temperate at Gore. Got lots of work done....rather have been skiing and pushed the work till next seaon. Better I got it done now. My back.....ouch.

Every now and again I can hear the guns from the house. My son came back from a bike ride today and reported "deep" snow at Gore.."lets get our skis and go." He got some kicking 88cm at Cunninghams this weekend and is dying to test them.

We drove from the ADK museum at Tupper Lake on Saturday. 1-2 inches of natural snow laying on the grass on both hills/mountains coming south to NC. However as we crested the last knoll around North River....temp climbed from low 30's to over 40. All precip stopped. :(

Snowballs
11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
How was the ADK museum? It looks really nice in the ads. Sadly, some who live there tell me the parking lot is usually empty.
The one at Blue mtn lake is very nice.

Lbtchnlgs
12-01-2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.goremountain.com/admin/db/images/20091201101103164.jpg

:)

12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Both Museums are absolutely fantastic! We did Blue Mt in Aug...packed. At Tupper on Friday---PACKED.

Great for all ages. I would have spent 8-12 hours in each myself, but then I really like this kind of stuff. Kids of every age seemed to be really interested in both.

Hint: Do NOT put your nose over the Mink "puffer". (puffers let you smell what the animal really smells like...they have them for plants too) Beavers oddly smell like a tobacco pipe.

LBTCH--thanks for the photo. Bet its on the websit tomorrow!

Snowballs
12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
[quote="I:)Beavers oddly smell like a tobacco pipe. [/quote]

Ok. But I never smelled one quite like that.............

Yea, i thought the Blue Mountain museum was excellent. Very well done.

Great to hear they were packed.