PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Trail

kcyanks1
12-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Seems like a popular thread in the Whiteface forum and other forums, so here it goes:

Mine is Double Barrell, followed by Rumor.

Son of Drifter
12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Dark Side Glades, Double Barrel, Rumor, Hawkeye.

kcyanks1
12-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Never got to ski Dark Side Glades yet. Haven't been there since they opened it up. That's under the High Peaks Chair, right? From what point under the lift is it officially open? From Cloud down (i.e., just after you pass Lower Steilhang and before you reach Hullabaloo while on Cloud)? IIRC, there is a huge cliff right before the lift reaches open pit (while riding up), so I can't see that part opened.

Son of Drifter
12-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Never got to ski Dark Side Glades yet. Haven't been there since they opened it up. That's under the High Peaks Chair, right? From what point under the lift is it officially open? From Cloud down (i.e., just after you pass Lower Steilhang and before you reach Hullabaloo while on Cloud)? IIRC, there is a huge cliff right before the lift reaches open pit (while riding up), so I can't see that part opened.

It opens up from where you described above and close it before that cliff. There are still "little" drops along that and with the lift towers cutting the trail in half it can be pretty tight in there.

kcyanks1
12-30-2005, 02:22 PM

It opens up from where you described above and close it before that cliff. There are still "little" drops along that and with the lift towers cutting the trail in half it can be pretty tight in there.

Thanks for the info. Seems like it would be a lot of fun.. I can't imagine that it's opened often though. That was pretty rocky terrain, and Hullabaloo and Lower Steilhang are rocky. Do people ski right under the liftline itself, or just in the trees on the side? Gore sometimes confuses things by calling lift lines "glades," making me wonder whether the official trail is the line itself or the surrounding trees.

highpeaksdrifter
12-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Right under the liftline.

Son of Drifter
12-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the info. Seems like it would be a lot of fun.. I can't imagine that it's opened often though. That was pretty rocky terrain, and Hullabaloo and Lower Steilhang are rocky. Do people ski right under the liftline itself, or just in the trees on the side? Gore sometimes confuses things by calling lift lines "glades," making me wonder whether the official trail is the line itself or the surrounding trees.

Right under. It's great because you can ride that double up first and pick your line and pinpoint the stuff you'll need to avoid (rocks, limbs, etc.)

St. Jerry
01-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Favorite Trail:

Probably Dark Side Glades. It was better before they made it an official trail.

mattchuck2
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Dark Side Glades are the bomb . . . High Pines can be sweet too . . . Also like The Cave, will be interesting to see how it holds snow now that it's official. When I was a kid, My favorite used to be Hullaballoo and it's still pretty fun for a quick shot on a powder day.

Lbtchnlgs
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Darkside is pretty sweet if your riding the lift up about 75 yards from where the glade starts on the right there is a pretty good sized cliff, about 20 feet me and a few buddies cleared it out last year