PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

intheknow
03-01-2006, 10:42 AM
It's time for March Madness and we're not talkin' hoops either. march, with cold and more snow coming our way until the middle of the month, is gonna be sick. don't give up on skiing and riding just yet. check herb stevens weather report. tomorrow may not offer the biggest of storms, but it all helps, especially as snowmaking winds down. herb is also talking about a big dump in the works after the weekend. march on!!!

highpeaksdrifter
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
It's time for March Madness and we're not talkin' hoops either. march, with cold and more snow coming our way until the middle of the month, is gonna be sick. don't give up on skiing and riding just yet. check herb stevens weather report. tomorrow may not offer the biggest of storms, but it all helps, especially as snowmaking winds down. herb is also talking about a big dump in the works after the weekend. march on!!!

That's the spirit. I'm going to take your advice and not give up on skiing just yet. :wink:

SKIdds
03-01-2006, 11:44 AM
I've seen a few isolated weather models hint at a potential storm next week. Of course most forecasts have snow showers for the Lake Placid region everyday through Tuesday. Let's hope they are similar to the snow showers you got last week.

mattchuck2
03-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I love spring skiing.

Especially in mid-march/early april, when many people start to turn their attention elsewhere (spring cleaning, golf, baseball, etc.). It leaves the bright sunshine, deep snowpack and perfect snow conditions for all the die-hards.

Here's to those who stick it out and refuse to give up on winter! See you on the mountain!

Son of Drifter
03-01-2006, 02:30 PM
I love spring skiing.

Especially in mid-march/early april, when many people start to turn their attention elsewhere (spring cleaning, golf, baseball, etc.). It leaves the bright sunshine, deep snowpack and perfect snow conditions for all the die-hards.

Here's to those who stick it out and refuse to give up on winter! See you on the mountain!

God, I hate you Kenny. :twisted:

mattchuck2
03-01-2006, 02:53 PM
And what side dishes will we be having with our frozen waffles?

Phineas
03-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Word on that InTheKnow! I love March/April.

I remember skiing last season first or second weekend of April and we were coming off essex onto turn three/four of excelsior and I stopped and looked up excelsior, no one there... I stayed a few moments and let the sun warm me and still no one there.. all I heard was spring song birds singing and melting snow running w/ gravity under the soft base. yep - best time of year!

No wind, no cold, no bulky layers... lots of corn snow and soft bumps that grow and grow...

I just dont understand why people pack it in for the year? but I'm not complainning - just they are missing out on the most comfortable time to ski. If anyone really wanted to hook youngsters on skiing they would bring them to the mtn on sunny spring days not windy holiday week stressful times...

or in your case SOD if U wanted to get your future bride in2 it U would bring her out in March/April!

ski_newbie
03-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Keep up the hype for March... we're finally headed up for our first Whiteface experience this Friday and can't wait to spend 4/5 days on the amazing slopes I've read so much about! The weather forecast looks good to me... I have a feeling we won't want to leave.

intheknow
03-02-2006, 04:52 PM
i'll be there first thing friday morning. after lunch, i will report back to y'all by mid afternoon.