PDA

View Full Version : Hoping For The Best

oneotwoandcounting
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
What's up with Whiteface's home page? I go there and there and can't find anything out about a proposed opening. I drove by The Mountain yesterday (Black Friday) and there was no sign of snow or snow making. I know they must be trying and hoping for help from Mother Nature. Anybody have any information on what's going on?

asland
11-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Patience.

The crew over at Whiteface just got burned with having to push their opening date back. Lots of upset/sad people that could not ski over the long weekend - me included. Now, they are going to be extra cautious as they take a close look at next weeks ify weather before setting a new opening date.

besides - just as I am enjoying my long weekend with family and friends so is whiteface's crew. They'll be back in full force and even more ready to serve on Monday.

asland

ilovesnow
11-29-2009, 09:44 AM
i took a ride up to the mountain saturday morning, looked like decent accumulation from the mid station up (couldn't see the summit). They we also making snow from the mid mt. lodge and up. i ended up taking the dogs for a hike up saturday afternoon...and they are definatly make some progress. The NOAA weather sites forecast is pretty favorable for this week. Maybe a touch of mixed precip mon. but cold after that. Possibly some snow later in the week. Lets keep out finger crossed for this weekend.

matt

oneotwoandcounting
11-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I clicked the Facebook and Twitter links on Whitefac'se homepage and there were some posts there. I guess it's time I catch up with the latest Internet way of communicating.

Snowballs
11-29-2009, 03:58 PM

Snowballs
11-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Snowballs
11-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Harvey44
11-29-2009, 07:08 PM
... enjoying my long weekend ...

Bring a camera next time please. :D

kvogs09
11-30-2009, 12:45 PM
info on website updated @ noon today

Snowmaking: Snowmaking crews are currently making snow on Excelsior and Upper Valley. We will continue to work our way down the mountain to Lower Valley, Summit Express, Fox and the Mixing bowl as conditions permit.

Jon951
11-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Sounds like a plan.......

All think BIG DUMP....either way it will work out, but hopefully in regard to the snowfall!
There is always Ex-Lax for the other case.

Like Jerry sang, "when you walk through a storm, keep your head up high............you'll never walk alone"

I am changing the word "walk" to ski/ride, in anticipation of the big one.

We are all in this together...stay positive...I have no doubt the unexpected (to our advantage) willl happen very soon.

See you at the top