PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING GOOD

ilovesnow
12-01-2009, 07:09 AM
CHECK OUT THE WEB CAM, ITS GREAT TO SEE THE BOYS ARE HEADING DOWN TO THE BASE WITH THE GUNS. HOPEFULLY THAT MEANS THE UPPER TERRAIN HAS A GOOD ENOUGH BASE. THE WEBSITE SAYS SATURDAY IS THE DAY. SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE.

MATT

highpeaksdrifter
12-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Seeing that gun blasting snow is a sight for sore eyes. I hope we get lucky with the storm tomorrow.

-=koLLac=-
12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Seeing that gun blasting snow is a sight for sore eyes. I hope we get lucky with the storm tomorrow.

I'm afraid I overheard the Channel 5 weatherman say something about 50 degrees and rain tomorrow. I am concentrating very hard on believing that it'll be 32 degrees and snow at least midstation up!

asland
12-01-2009, 08:39 AM
CHECK OUT THE WEB CAM, ITS GREAT TO SEE THE BOYS ARE HEADING DOWN TO THE BASE WITH THE GUNS. HOPEFULLY THAT MEANS THE UPPER TERRAIN HAS A GOOD ENOUGH BASE. THE WEBSITE SAYS SATURDAY IS THE DAY. SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE.

MATT

Not sure if you are refering to the photo of the day on whiteface.com. If so, that is from about a week ago. Good to hear that they are blasting snow up top.

matt

highpeaksdrifter
12-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Webcam shows it's snowing there now. 7 minute wait to get control of it.

ilovesnow
12-01-2009, 11:19 AM

MATT

Not sure if you are refering to the photo of the day on whiteface.com. If so, that is from about a week ago. Good to hear that they are blasting snow up top.

matt

not the pic of the day...the live web cam. if you look down the mountain there are guns blowing down towards the base.

this next storm is going to be kind i deicy...hope they are wrong like last week. Unfortunatly it will be warm air overriding cold air. it doesn't make for higher elevation snow, at least till the wind shift halfway threw the storm.

Snowballs
12-01-2009, 12:07 PM

I'm afraid I overheard the Channel 5 weatherman say something about 50 degrees and rain tomorrow. I am concentrating very hard on believing that it'll be 32 degrees and snow at least midstation up!

I think that rain/storm is coming thru mostly after dark Wednesday so maybe it will be cold enough to snow 3-6 inches. it's not just a drizzler either. Hope Saturday is the day. I'ld like to come up to ski and pay My respects to John Brown, since He's passin thru.

Glad it's getting colder. I was about to give HPD up for dead.

-=koLLac=-
12-01-2009, 12:09 PM

MATT

matt

not the pic of the day...the live web cam. if you look down the mountain there are guns blowing down towards the base.

this next storm is going to be kind i deicy...hope they are wrong like last week. Unfortunatly it will be warm air overriding cold air. it doesn't make for higher elevation snow, at least till the wind shift halfway threw the storm.

You are correct, that is only the top of lower valley, though. There is quite a bit of ways to go to reach the base. Perhaps with a little help from mother nature and some serious effort Thursday/Friday they could do it.

Seems like the plan is to only ski the upper half, though, as the webpage talks about downloading via the gondi.

NPN
12-01-2009, 06:10 PM
[Seems like the plan is to only ski the upper half, though, as the webpage talks about downloading via the gondi.

I'll GLADLY take it!!!

An unexpected treat to get some early rides/views from the Little Whiteface lift ( and see what the birds left on the lingerie trees ).