PDA

View Full Version : re-opening?

luv2cruz
12-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Did anyone notice on the website they state they will be re-opening. I didn't know we were open for skiing this season. I guess scenic gondola rides and free paid parking equals a day open. I guees I can count friday as a ski day because I checked out the Mt. and drove through the Gold parking hey I got something free from the Mt.

Hoser
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Someone asked on the Facebook page about the Sports Page demo day, and Gore responded that it was cancelled last weekend. Nice to see it still displayed as the focus of the front page of their website. Seeing a communication trend here.

fujative.
12-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Someone asked on the Facebook page about the Sports Page demo day, and Gore responded that it was cancelled last weekend. Nice to see it still displayed as the focus of the front page of their website. Seeing a communication trend here.

Hahahaha. I'm pretty sure Sports Page is the one's who cancelled it, Gore would be too afraid to. Rossi made a post about it on their wall, and they deleted it within the hour.

EDIT* just looked at Facebook and someone did say it was Sports Page who cancelled. Someone stated that it was still on Gore's site and the reponse was "Thanks for the note on that"

Oh Gore...

Snowballs
12-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Whiteface is now saying it's opening this Saturday.

Harvey44
12-02-2009, 10:17 PM
OPENING DAY - We are hoping to have skiing and riding for you this weekend, please check back for details!

If anybody gets any inside scoop ... Jimmer's friend the Janitor? ... or even from the site ... post it up. I may need to use the excuse generator.

adkskier
12-03-2009, 02:36 PM
It rained hard and long last night. As of 2:30pm, it's still almost 60 degrees in North Creek. If they had a web cam, we might see a lot of brown even on the trails where they've made snow.

Harvey44
12-03-2009, 05:39 PM
So it looks like Sunday for sure and Saturday maybe.

I sent a note to Emily asking about Monday.

Need to make plans and I may drive Sat and ski Sun/Mon, if Gore will be open on Mon. If not...might not make the drive.

I'm thinking WF Sun and Gore Monday.

If anyone knows or has scoop ...would greatly appreciate some sharing. I'll let all know if she responds to me.

EDIT...if anyone is a Facebook member, would appreciate the midweek question getting posted on the wall.

Somehow I just can't bring myself to join another site.

mattchuck2
12-03-2009, 05:48 PM
I asked the question for you Harv . . . I'll let you know if I get an answer . . .

jimmer
12-03-2009, 05:53 PM
there fb site is funny,if u poke fun at them u get deleted,,i said the other nite that there pay 2 park was a bad idea=deleted,ask whats next,pay 2 poop=deleted,guess i can understand that 1,its kinda fun too bang on them though...its like 1 time last year,we,were waiting in the gondi line,it was 8:45,still red,so i called them too ask when they open,girl said in a chery voice,8:30 sir,so i said wanna bet ,look out the window,she hung up on me,called back,wouldnt answer.it was pretty funny,btw went green about 10 minutes later..

mattchuck2
12-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Facebook is a good place for discussion

adkskier
12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Remember when department stores had pay bathrooms back in the late 50's/early 60's? Coin op to access the summit outhouses! Heck, charge for the employee outhouses too!

Snowballs
12-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Remember when department stores had pay bathrooms back in the late 50's/early 60's? :shock: Old Fart!

I can remember one department store that had the vacuum tubes that they sent messages/paperwork with, like at a bank drive thru. "We kids would watch the cannisters zoom around" replied this Old Fart! :shock:

Adk Keith
12-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Remember when department stores had pay bathrooms back in the late 50's/early 60's? Coin op to access the summit outhouses! Heck, charge for the employee outhouses too!

Employees don't use out houses !

Harvey44
12-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I asked the question for you Harv . . . I'll let you know if I get an answer . . .

Thanks Matt.

This from Emily this am:

"My best guess is that we'll go daily upon Opening.
We're expecting a decision later today.
Thanks Harv."

I asked if the info would be on the site or FB first:

"Web first, then FB."

kvogs09
12-04-2009, 11:01 AM
i think they updated thier webpage while i was on the site about 1045am.... :D

What's Happening:
We look forward to opening tomorrow with limited terrain for intermediate and expert skiers and riders! To start check out Jamboree off the Sunway Chair, as well as rails at the top of the Northwoods Gondola. Please be aware of thin cover, have fun while skiing with care. Snowmakers are hard at work so stay tuned for updates on more terrain opening soon

Snowballs
12-04-2009, 11:11 AM
I noticed they have a trail named Jibland and Wild Air is rated advanced/expert.

Lbtchnlgs
12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Who will be there tomorrow?

Wish I could. Sunday I'll be sliding somewhere... Will have to wait for some TR's to decide

Snowballs
12-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm thinking of passing on the zoo/rocks. ye old lady just had surgery so i'll nurse her and wait for midweek skiing. i wonder if they're counting Wild Air as the expert terrain they'll have open.

mattchuck2
12-04-2009, 03:25 PM

Thanks Matt.

This from Emily this am:

"My best guess is that we'll go daily upon Opening.
We're expecting a decision later today.
Thanks Harv."

"Web first, then FB."

Whoever runs the FB says they'll be permanently open after Sunday . . .

mattchuck2
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM

Wish I could. Sunday I'll be sliding somewhere... Will have to wait for some TR's to decide

I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday . . .

No internet access till I get back on Sunday night, though, so I can't let you know how it is . . . .

Harvey44
12-04-2009, 05:41 PM

I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday . . .

No internet access till I get back on Sunday night, though, so I can't let you know how it is . . . .

I may stop in to check it things on my way past late in the tomorrow. Still thinking WF Sun and Gore Mon. I'm assuming my Gore Full Seasons is still good up at WF. Anybody know otherwise?

Matt... have cell service up there? Txt msg or something...even a few words. Or PM me and I'll get it online.

Question about the trail report for tomorrow... I must be missing something... why would they run the Gondi if only Jamboree is open?

Snowballs
12-04-2009, 06:13 PM
why would the run the Gondi if only Jamboree is open? Very good question....perhaps it's just more Gore poor communication or outright bait and switch? you chose.

Harv use the old fashion way to keep informed on slope conditions.....call the mtn. I think it's BR549.

Ski Face Sunday so you won't have to pay Gore to park up front.

Yes, your Gore full season is good at Face. The only pass, that i know of, that is not reciprocal is the non hoiliday PURCHASED AT GORE. BUT a non holiday purchased at Face is good at Gore. go figure. more Orda abuse. Bet some who bought it at Gore wish they'ld bought it at Face.

rossi
12-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Open today with limited terrain for intermediate and expert skiers and riders! To start, check out Jamboree off the Sunway Chair

hahahahahaha intermediate to expert skiers. ooooo im so glad when i have a bad day they always make me laugh

there will be rail(s)....hahahahaha if you can call them that.... on top of the gondi.

Harvey44
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes, your Gore full season is good at Face. The only pass, that i know of, that is not reciprocal is the non hoiliday PURCHASED AT GORE. BUT a non holiday purchased at Face is good at Gore. go figure.

That is so weird? Are the pass prices the same?

Rossi... where are the rails? Foxlair, Fairview, Topridge, Ruby Run... hard to imagine what would work.

Listen to me. I know bupkis about rails.

I tell you one thing... as I drive by Gore at around 2pm tomorrow ...with skis in the truck ...I'll betcha ...I can't resist .... THE PULL ... of

JAMBOREE!

I'm serious.

:D :D

Spongeworthy
12-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Open today with limited terrain for intermediate and expert skiers and riders! To start, check out Jamboree off the Sunway ChairJamboree -- from the Mohawk word for White Ribbon of Death :oops:

Snowballs
12-04-2009, 07:53 PM
hehehe^^^^

Sorta sounds like the rails are on top of Bear mtn then download via the Gondi ? i want to say surely they have Ruby/Sunway/Quicksilver open and simply forgot to post this......but it is Gore we're talking about so i wouldn't take it for granted.

There maybe more than just a Gold Parking surprise for some. Watch the Facebook page light up then.

Poor Harv. He has a serious jones going on. He needs to recover from his shorten season of last year. OK, HEY HARV.... there snowmaking on Sags this year!!!

He probably feels better already.

Snowballs
12-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Last summer, I called the politicos and complained about the non holiday passes not being good at Face. Now, I see that only midweek non holiday is not valid at Face. Not sure if that's a new pass this year.

Harvey44
12-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I had fun at Gore today (http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/12/puking-on-87.html).

http://s2.postimage.org/zN0n9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TszN0n9)

:D

fujative.
12-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Yup, the "rails" (one box and one log jib that wasn't set properly) were right at the top of the gondola. That was the only thing up there, other than the ski school clinics had to ski the very top part of Ruby Run and then hike back up. Everyone had to download the gondola to get down.

twinplanx
12-06-2009, 09:12 AM

"Web first, then FB."

Whoever runs the FB says they'll be permanently open after Sunday . . .

How do I find Gore on FB? I tried finding them but came up empty.

Snowballs
12-06-2009, 09:51 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Creek-NY/Gore-Mountain/119555222608#/pages/North-Creek-NY/Gore-Mountain/119555222608