PDA

View Full Version : Wizard of the Wasatch

Jon951
12-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Check this dude out. My sons and I met this guy waiting for the bus up into Little Cottonwood a few years back. Nice life. He was featured in Skiing magazine a few years back.

http://www.wowasatch.com/Snow-whisperer/Snow-whisperer.html

Lbtchnlgs
12-04-2009, 11:22 AM
good read, my dream. thanks for the article

Jon951
12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
No doubt the guy is a trip. I was astonished to see the shot of him with a ciggy hanging out of his mouth. Hopefully it was a bone. I would venture to guess the guy could summit Everest without supplemental oxygen, assuming he had the climbing skills to go with his physical capabilities. When we met him on the bus stop and got talking, I asked him if he rode any lifts to begin his day. He replied, "Never ride the lifts, just hit the snow and hike". I thought...very impressive.

He then asked me if I brought any narcotics to lessen the pain of waiting for the bus to show up. He indicated the transportation system in the Canyons went to crap after the olympics there, and proceeded to curse out the local administration in the area. At that point I figured the guy was going to start heading up the access road on foot and flip the bus driver the bird as it passed him on the way up. I am glad you enjoyed the article.

Snowballs
12-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Hopefully it was a bone.

OK, that's funny. I suppose nowadays, if Meredith Baxter, et al, can come out of the closet, so can other things.

I was surprised when in a recent Ski Mag, they had various ways to cope slopeside..... like how to make a snow pipe. No, it wasn't for catching Big Air off of, but one could get elevated with it.

Adk Keith
12-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Check this dude out. My sons and I met this guy waiting for the bus up into Little Cottonwood a few years back. Nice life. He was featured in Skiing magazine a few years back.

http://www.wowasatch.com/Snow-whisperer/Snow-whisperer.html

WOW has been a regular on the Telemarktips.com forum forever. Well respected on a variety of levels...