PDA

View Full Version : Trail changes this year?

tobnpr
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey guys,

Looking forward to our fifth consecutive year at WF. Rather than plan a holiday weekend this year, we've decided wtf and will yank the kids outta school and hop a plane for some weekday skiing when conditions warrant. Figure it's best to let conditions dictate when, rather than setting a date in stone and hoping for the best.

I noticed a couple of "odd" changes on the trail map. Last year we "warmed up" on Wolf and Wolf Run (green), then Lower Valley once we got our legs back.
Now I notice that Wolf and Wolf Run are diamond- how did that happen? And bottom of Lower Valley(which was blue last year) is now a green called "Fox"?

Wassup???

nyspnypd
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey guys,

Looking forward to our fifth consecutive year at WF. Rather than plan a holiday weekend this year, we've decided wtf and will yank the kids outta school and hop a plane for some weekday skiing when conditions warrant. Figure it's best to let conditions dictate when, rather than setting a date in stone and hoping for the best.

I noticed a couple of "odd" changes on the trail map. Last year we "warmed up" on Wolf and Wolf Run (green), then Lower Valley once we got our legs back.
Now I notice that Wolf and Wolf Run are diamond- how did that happen? And bottom of Lower Valley(which was blue last year) is now a green called "Fox"?

Wassup???

Welt the Half pipe was moved over to Brookside if I remember right. So bear is now back to a green.
Wolf and Wolf run are now blacks due to a terrain park being there and the bottom part of Lower Valley is labeled Fox to compensate for loosing wolf. (The bottom of Lower Valley was always a green anyway) they always take lessons down it. Other than that they did some widening and grading of some trails too over the summer on the upper part of the Mt. I think on Lookout and also go the glades cut on Lookout also. :)

Alkyy
12-07-2009, 09:46 AM
yup, wold and wolf run are going to be small bordercross tracks that i belive are going to be made mainly for kids (From what i have heard some nice berms and rollers something that 90% of people can have a lot of fun on). And bear is now flat and is going to be a great place for ski school.