PDA

View Full Version : Wind holds

Son of Drifter
03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Wind holds on the Gondi, Mt Run and Summit quad chair and only blowing snow on upper thruway. Anyone heard what date they plan on shutting down the snowmaking for the year? :twisted:

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 09:25 AM
the only place they were blowin' snow that I saw yesterday was in the pipe and maybe near tower ten on lower valley. I was surprised because the website said different. but I was surprised by the web site 'cus I thought they stopped blowin' after the presidents' week holiday.

Son of Drifter
03-03-2006, 10:28 AM
the only place they were blowin' snow that I saw yesterday was in the pipe and maybe near tower ten on lower valley. I was surprised because the website said different. but I was surprised by the web site 'cus I thought they stopped blowin' after the presidents' week holiday.

They usually do but with an FIS event coming that half pipe needs to be in tip top shape. I was hoping that since they had to blow snow there they could maybe keep the gunnings going elsewhere as well. :twisted:

tjf67
03-03-2006, 10:43 AM

They usually do but with an FIS event coming that half pipe needs to be in tip top shape. I was hoping that since they had to blow snow there they could maybe keep the gunnings going elsewhere as well. :twisted:

Or at least open.

Son of Drifter
03-03-2006, 11:45 AM

Or at least open.

The jib nation and the knuckle draggers must be bumming this year. That thing hasn't been open once yet. :twisted:

Tsavolion
03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Wind holds on the Gondi, Mt Run and Summit quad chair and only blowing snow on upper thruway. Anyone heard what date they plan on shutting down the snowmaking for the year? :twisted:

i bet they are done--except on pipe for world cup or on race course. mtn is in good shape--no ice to be found yesterday