PDA

View Full Version : Weatherman Fails Again

12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Well it looks like the weatherman has failed us again. They changed the forcast to 12" but as of now we might have gotten 3-4". It's blowing like a big dog. Most of the snow was ice pellet like. The Weather Channel radar looks like the storm is almost over. I bet Jay gets hammered. Oh Well!!!!!!!

Lbtchnlgs
12-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, looks terrible up there!

Hope you had a good one :twisted:

CUskibum
12-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Anyone ski today? I'm trying to figure out where to go tomorrow.

highpeaksdrifter
12-09-2009, 08:10 PM
From WF website:

Storm Total 7-12" of Snow!!!!
To quote news channel 5's weather report this morning "Jackpot Adirondacks" We picked up a pretty sweet total for the storm that rolled through the ADKS today. In the words of Eddie one of our Park and Pipe gurus...."It is boot deep" We are happy with that! Our plan calls for major snowmaking on the lower mountain for the next five days to secure a significant base. After that we will be heading back to the summit.

12-09-2009, 09:39 PM
From WF website:

To quote news channel 5's weather report this morning "Jackpot Adirondacks" We picked up a pretty sweet total for the storm that rolled through the ADKS today. In the words of Eddie one of our Park and Pipe gurus...."It is boot deep" We are happy with that! Our plan calls for major snowmaking on the lower mountain for the next five days to secure a significant base. After that we will be heading back to the summit.

I don't know, someone is not telling the truth. I live on the front side of whiteface, live at the same elevation as midstation, hiked up to about 3500' behind the house today and didn't even wear snowshoes. 3" is boot high when your moving and is piles up.

takeahike46er
12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
While I wasn't at the mountain today, the snow totals seem legit based on the measured snowfall in the region. Eastern facing slopes were favored with this system, a perfect setup for WF. The snowfall amounts were atypical. By the afternoon hours, six inches had fallen in Keene (elevation 800') while Lake Placid had only picked up a few inches (1800'). Usually it is the opposite with Lake Placid seeing the higher amount of snowfall.

ilovesnow
12-10-2009, 07:04 AM
From WF website:

I don't know, someone is not telling the truth. I live on the front side of whiteface, live at the same elevation as midstation, hiked up to about 3500' behind the house today and didn't even wear snowshoes. 3" is boot high when your moving and is piles up.

i was there, and at 12:00 there was about 5-6" with drifts of 12"+ with heavy snow fallind. 12" storm total seem right on.

JC7727
12-10-2009, 12:22 PM
whiteface getting hit hard again?