PDA

View Full Version : LP Rental Shops

Danzilla
12-16-2009, 01:36 PM
We are coming up for New Years with some friends that need to rent skis. Any recommendations in Lake Placid would be much appreciated. We would like a place that lets you pick up the night before. I think Cunninghams has a place in town right? We are staying in LP so only want to hit a place in LP.

Thanks in advance.

Danzilla

NPN
12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes, Cunningham's for sure, and Maui North may also, but call for confirmation on that one.

Mosleyp4p
12-28-2009, 06:48 PM
stick with maui north, cunninghams rents out nice skis, but they always try to sell you stuff.

NPN
12-28-2009, 07:45 PM
D- I know you wanted to keep it Placid, but you might want to check in with the Whiteface rental shop also.

Reason being, I had to deal with more than a handful of people over the Xmas weekend who had rented in Placid, and, while out on the rental stix, had a binding set that suddenly slid out of position for their boots.

No biggie except for the fact that you have to drive back to Placid to save the day.

Just a thought, but I'd prefer the option to have a quick fix on site.

Danzilla
12-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks NPN. Just thinking the lines in the rental shop might be ridiculous on new year's eve.

I'm kinda selfish - I don't want to wait while the guy is getting his gear sorted out. Any idea how crowded the rental shop is there on a holiday?

Face2ss
12-29-2009, 07:07 AM
the trick to renting equipment (and everything else) at WF is to get there early in the AM. Happy New Year!

jeannie marie
12-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Just called Joe in the ski shop at Whiteface, you can come the night before between 3:00 and 4:00 for next day rentals.

Danzilla
12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks Jeannie! If we get up there early enough on Wednesday maybe we will rent the day before. For some reason I doubt we will be there first thing in the AM:)

Snowballs
12-29-2009, 12:13 PM
For some reason

Would it have something to do with fermented hops? :wink:

NPN
12-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks NPN. Just thinking the lines in the rental shop might be ridiculous on new year's eve.

I'm kinda selfish - I don't want to wait while the guy is getting his gear sorted out. Any idea how crowded the rental shop is there on a holiday?

Then again, considering the impending DUMPAGE, you'll be able to decide just how FAT you need to throw underfoot, and change it as the storm goes on if you rent at Whiteface.