PDA

View Full Version : Scanning passes stinks!

scottrib13
03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey now,

Ok, am I the only who thinks Whitefaces new policy of scanning your pass every run sucks? All it seem to be is a weak tool for the marketing dept. Plus half the time the lifties don't even fully scan the pass!

L8R

Scott-

Phineas
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I duct taped my pass inside my jacket arm sleeve pass pocket and its no problems. If I switch jackets to the one w/out a pass pocket I just zip up my bottom jacket zipper so they have easy access..

And Y u tossing the lifty dudes in?? We should be organizing to get the lifties, that want to ride during shifts, the oppoertunity to do so; not bringing management down on them..

highpeaksdrifter
03-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Scottrib, I notice you're from Burlington. With so many closer choices way do you make the trek to Whiteface? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you do, just would like to hear your reasons.

I have a friend who moved to Burlington over the summer. He still comes to WF every weekend. :D

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey now,

Ok, am I the only who thinks Whitefaces new policy of scanning your pass every run sucks? All it seem to be is a weak tool for the marketing dept. -

Huh? They only scan at the gondola and face lift. I usually ride the gondi no more than two or three times a day. I ride the face lift 2 or 3 times a season.

tjf67
03-03-2006, 11:06 AM
I dont see the big deal getting the passes scanned. You could always get your season pass from gore. Those passes dont scan.

highpeaksdrifter
03-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey now,

Ok, am I the only who thinks Whitefaces new policy of scanning your pass every run sucks? All it seem to be is a weak tool for the marketing dept. Plus half the time the lifties don't even fully scan the pass!

L8R

Scott-

I keep mine in one of those plastic holders that have elastic for your arm. It's no problem, but when I take my jacket off I worry I'll forget and it will slide off. It hasn't happened yet though.

scottrib13
03-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Ahh, you know though half the time the thing won't scan through the plastic in a pass pocket and I'm sorry but I'm not duct taping the thing to my jacket.

Also, overall I don't have that much sympathy for the lifties this year. Besides great guys like Tony and Mike people like that rasta hippy dude with the dreads and glasses are kind of douce bags. Overall the customer service of the lifties is pretty sub par when compared to Stowe or Killington.

If they want to do something worth the consumers time with the pass scanning system they should do something where consumers could go to whiteface.com and count the number of runs they did that day or amount of vertical feet, etc.

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I like the lifties at whiteface. you should probably go back to K-mart where every thing is happy happy. bye-bye.

scottrib13
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM
K-Mart?? Walmart bud Walmart. That's where the magic happens.

Hope your runs on Wolf go well for ya.

Scott-

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey thanks! And I hope you skate on that Lewd Behavior charge. What you and your boyfriend do in the back seat of your '79 Duster is your own business.

tjf67
03-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey thanks! And I hope you skate on that Lewd Behavior charge. What you and your boyfriend do in the back seat of your '79 Duster is your own business.

Willie I think you are mixing it up with a 13 year old.

highpeaksdrifter
03-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm axin nice. Please keep it PG13 and no flame wars. We are hooked up to the Whiteface web site and must keep in mind they use us as a marketing tool to the general public.

scottrib13
03-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Oh jeez, is that the best you can come up with?

I think I've had enough of you. Have fun quitting at 12:00 pm and talking about the "Good old day's" in Steinhoff's.

Old fart...

Son of Drifter
03-03-2006, 11:41 AM
[quote="scottrib13"] Also, overall I don't have that much sympathy for the lifties this year. Besides great guys like Tony and Mike people like that rasta hippy dude with the dreads and glasses are kind of douce bags. Overall the customer service of the lifties is pretty sub par when compared to Stowe or Killington.[quote]

You think the lifties like having to scan the passes? C'mon. They dislike it probably more than you. Why you hating on the lifties? What did they ever do to up except operate the machines that take you to heaven? If you don't like the WF lifties, then don't come to WF. I doubt they or anyone else will miss you. :twisted:

scottrib13
03-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi there,

I'm not hating, and I am sure they don't like the scanning stuff either. But what I am saying is that the overall customer service of SOME staff is pretty lame compared to my past experiences at WF throughout the years.

I personally have not had a problem with any lifties but have been witness to pretty harse comments to other peeps in line...

That's all,

Scott-

Tsavolion
03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey now,

L8R

Scott-

i dont think its a big deal..but then i dont take every run from gondi..usually go up and then stay up there. i dont think scanning takes any longer than it did when they had to physically look at the picture

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 12:18 PM
sorry hpd. (but I know you laughed).

And tj - he's not 13. Check out his profile - he says he's a marketing director. It says something kinda "interesting" too where he lists his hobbies or interests. check it out.

Tsavolion
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM

And tj - he's not 13. Check out his profile - he says he's a marketing director. It says something kinda "interesting" too where he lists his hobbies or interests. check it out.

wow - harsh! i wonder what he is the marketing director of? the marketing director of the lake placid lodge is located in burlington--could that be the burlington/wface link?

tjf67
03-03-2006, 12:34 PM

wow - harsh! i wonder what he is the marketing director of? the marketing director of the lake placid lodge is located in burlington--could that be the burlington/wface link?

I would guess he sells amway and list his title as marketing driector. He gets his spending money from washing dishes

Faceplant
03-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I think it's more security than marketing. They have caught more than a few fakes and scams with the scanners.

scottrib13
03-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Hmm, interesting I guess people on the ADK's are starting to get good at Photoshop. I thought that's what they made the holograms for?

Anyway, Amway? Is that still around? You guys are great, I hope you all have a great day.

Thanks, and I'll see you all on Sat or Sun. And stay out of the pump house fort! That stuff is bad for you...

L8R,

Scott-

PARKRAT
03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Why scan?

To date scanning has caught over 2-dozen people trying so scam the mountain one of which was an ORDA employee who was promptly fired. It has reunited countless kids with parents and parents with kids. Weather you are standing waiting to be scanned or waiting in the lift line the chairs move at the same speed and none go up empty. Its also aids in the refund and courtesy check application process allowing management to know what lifts were used, the times they were used and the number of times they were used. As for the comment about the lifties at Killington and Stowe they’d better be in a great mood cuz once you get into their lines your going to be there for about a half hour most days, Whiteface lines average 5 min or less!

DUDE : :idea: :twisted: :arrow: :shock: :x

Phineas
03-03-2006, 01:57 PM
As for the comment about the lifties at Killington and Stowe they’d better be in a great mood cuz once you get into their lines your going to be there for about a half hour most days, Whiteface lines average 5 min or less!

No doubt on the lift line waits in VT especially Stowe. I would not ski there on a weekend. Once they buildout w/ their new base village it will be even worse! I like mansfields but way 2 many Redsox types over there on weekends 4sure!!

WF has a great group of lifties. I'm sure its a matter of respect given, respect returned w/ the 13 year old and his peeps.... peeps is gay like powpow

scottrib13
03-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Do you think there is a any chance WF can use some of the scanning data to something that can directly be used by the consumer and draw repeat visits to their website? It would be cool if you could track the runs you took that day, keep track of they days you rode that year, etc.

They could also use the data to run online contests like who ever achieved the most vertical feet in the season won a season pass,etc.

I can understand why WF wants to scan stuff I have just noticed that they system whether it is the software or hardware has not been working well and is not a smooth process.

Just my 2 cents bro bra.

highpeaksdrifter
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Scanning is her to stay. It is a tool that almost all resorts use now. The question is what is the most efficient way to do it while not being intrusive to the public?

I’ve volunteered for an experimental program for next season. They are going to implant a computer chip in my neck and every time I go past the scanning wand I register. Should be fun plus a real conversation starter going through airport security.

Phineas
03-03-2006, 02:16 PM
[quote="I can understand why WF wants to scan stuff I have just noticed that they system whether it is the software or hardware has not been working well and is not a smooth process."

Just my 2 cents bro bra.[/quote]

It's the first year but they have plans to expand once the bugs are worked out. I've been told once its fully operational they will be able to send a message through the scanner that would alert someone that another in thier groupd is hurt and they need to get to MSA ASAP.. All kinds of things planned but like anything it needs to work itself through.

I just took a little piece of duct tape and taped inside the pocket; not visible from the outside. U can still look "sweet in line" w/out any outfitt alterations or adjustments getting scanned.

If I was a lifty I would never scan the hot chicks

Tsavolion
03-03-2006, 02:20 PM
[quote="I can understand why WF wants to scan stuff I have just noticed that they system whether it is the software or hardware has not been working well and is not a smooth process."

Just my 2 cents bro bra.

It's the first year but they have plans to expand once the bugs are worked out. I've been told once its fully operational they will be able to send a message through the scanner that would alert someone that another in thier groupd is hurt and they need to get to MSA ASAP.. All kinds of things planned but like anything it needs to work itself through.

I just took a little piece of duct tape and taped inside the pocket; not visible from the outside. U can still look "sweet in line" w/out any outfitt alterations or adjustments getting scanned.

If I was a lifty I would never scan the hot chicks[/quote]

that doesnt make sense. why would you not scan the hot chicks? you would think you would want to scan them. dork

Phineas
03-03-2006, 02:25 PM
that doesnt make sense. why would you not scan the hot chicks? you would think you would want to scan them. dork

well if they asked 2B scanned I would but if they didnt want 2B scanned I would act or cool and smooth like and just let them pass and then I would stop their boyfriends and tell them their pass is not scanning and they have 2go2 customer services, then I would ditch my scanner and lock and load and tour the hot chicks around! hahahahahahaha

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
you guys need a lesson on how to use the quote feature. how hard can it be?

Tsavolion
03-03-2006, 02:34 PM

it must be broken doofus

Phineas
03-03-2006, 02:38 PM

umm, about as hard as stopping at mid in front of the slow sign.... hahahahahaha whirlly, spin, snow cloud, down goes Willy!!! hahahahahaha

I recall Tsavo saying somthing like " thank god UR not single" hahahahahahahaha

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 02:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys gotta see the footage of H pasting that tree! :lol: Good times!!

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 02:41 PM

it must be broken doofus

yeah right, it's "broken". :lol:

Phineas
03-03-2006, 02:45 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys gotta see the footage of H pasting that tree! :lol: Good times!!

H rules!

FCBHOLESHOT13
03-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Ive found if you introduce yourself to the lift operators and ticket checkers each day you can avoid having your pass scanned more than once. When we rode in France last season several of the resorts had turnstyle gates that you had to swipe your pass like an atm machine... no that was a pain in the ass!

Tsavolion
03-03-2006, 02:51 PM

when are we going to have a screening? its got to be hysterical. too bad we didnt have it at mid for your stunt. between the stunned look on your face and the pity on the girls face, it was just too much to take in.

freeheelwilly
03-03-2006, 02:53 PM

when are we going to have a screening? its got to be hysterical. too bad we didnt have it at mid for your stunt. between the stunned look on your face and the pity on the girls face, it was just too much to take in. :lol: :lol: I liked shell's comment: "Well. It is pretty steep right there."

Son of Drifter
03-03-2006, 03:33 PM
If I was a lifty I would never scan the hot chicks

I'd ALWAYS scan the hotties. I'd be waving them to the front and sending you to the back. LOL :twisted: