PDA

View Full Version : Good short snowshoe trips

Danzilla
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Coming up for New Years with some friends. One of the wives is prego so no riding for her. Wondering anyone has recommendations for short scenic snow shoe trips around LP. She would like to get out and do something, but nothing too strenuous.

Have a great New Year everyone!

Danzilla

skigolfhunt
12-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Olympic Sports Complex Cross Country skiing has 2 snowshoe trails & also allows snowshoes on most cross country trails

highpeaksdrifter
12-29-2009, 03:13 PM
http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/54988.html

There is an access point from the Bear den Parking lot at WF that goes along the Ausable River.

Snowballs
12-29-2009, 03:26 PM
you know what.... I gotta say it..... I hope she doesn't go alone.

Would you know, HPD, if that trail is very rough or uneven ? Might be good info for her.

She could shoe around the bottom of Face. She could also get Designated Driver status. lol.

CUskibum
12-29-2009, 03:36 PM
well how short do you mean? Snowshoeing from the ADK Loj to Marcy Dam is like 2.1 miles, and from the ADK Loj to Rocky Falls is like 3-3.5 miles, but in another direction.

NPN
12-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Jackrabbit trail out of the parking lot on the south side of Hojo's.

It leads over to the southwest side of the lake with GREAT views of Whiteface.

Also, there is a town trail system that leads off of the Jackrabbit as it connects with the bridge over the lake. It has a number of signs discussing the local flora, fauna, and scenic aspects along the way.

Danzilla
12-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the quick replies! You guys rock. I would say a 3-4 mile round trip would be her max. We'll see. Thanks to everyone for the tips. Maybe I will head out with her in the AM at Whiteface one day.

Have a great New Years everyone!

D