PDA

View Full Version : plumber

Harvey44
12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Anyone knows a plumber in NC or North River, who's available tonight or tomorrow ... pls pm me his/her phone number.

harveyblogger@gmail.com

Thx

Snowballs
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't, but how big is your issue?

Harvey44
12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Looks like all is well. When pipes are frozen I figure its 50/50 that you'll need a plumber or a pipe sweater when they thaw. Pipes are thawed and it looks like no leaks. Knock wood.

There's an small enclosed spot just inside the heat tape. Our heater is a little small for the job. (Actually I went with a unit 20% bigger than my contractor recommended). It's usually fine but 10 below zero and 40 mile an hour wind ... I guess it freezes. Maybe the power went out?

I called my plumber - he said he now works for the highway department, so I posted.

Thanks SB and those who PM'd me.

Spongeworthy
12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Looks like all is well. When pipes are frozen I figure its 50/50 that you'll need a plumber or a pipe sweater when they thaw. Pipes are thawed and it looks like no leaks. Knock wood.

There's an small enclosed spot just inside the heat tape. Our heater is a little small for the job. (Actually I went with a unit 20% bigger than my contractor recommended). It's usually fine but 10 below zero and 40 mile an hour wind ... I guess it freezes. Maybe the power went out?

I called my plumber - he said he now works for the highway department, so I posted.

Thanks SB and those who PM'd me.Do you turn off your water and open all the taps when you're not gonna be there during the week?

Harvey44
12-30-2009, 07:15 PM
SpongeW ... I have a pretty good system for draining the pipes. Well .... obviously not good enough.

Pipes are all installed inside the heated area, not in the walls. So they are easier to heat and repair.

All pipes are all pitched towards the multiple valves at the bottom. You can drain the whole thing in 5 minutes.

I fill all traps with antifreeze.

The problem comes from the tankless water heater. It drains really fast, and doesn't waste water, which is why I went with it. But sometimes it seems to "hold on" to a little water, which it then releases slowly. That water ends up right above the heat tape.

It seems like it's only a problem when the power goes out and it's really cold/windy.

I should get a propane set up that doesn't require electric. It's another one of a million things I should do, but haven't gotten too.