PDA

View Full Version : Friday skiing

intheknow
03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
just back from the face and here's the 4-1-1.

a pretty stiff wind was blowing out there in the morning. so much so that as of 1:15 when i left, the gondola was not running. we took a few runs and then went inside....took a few more runs and went in again. it was that kind of day. with that as the backdrop, you could still have a great time.

the face lift and summit quad opened late and then closed. i got off the summit chair around 11:20 and it closed a few minutes later. as a result, it was a good day to ski laps on the mountain run shuttle (steeps only) and freeway lifts.

now the good stuff: conditions were really enjoyable. it was a day to let the wind be your friend because you could find windblown powder shots in the unlikeliest of places (excelsior, easy st, off broadway, broadway, boreen, mountain run under the chair along the treeline).

where the wind created hardpack conditions, you could easily get the edge of the ski to engage.

lunch highlight was the southwest corn chowder.

when i departed, it seemed the wind was beginning to subside.

jump in this weekend and don't forget world cup snowboarding mar 9-12.

Phineas
03-03-2006, 03:58 PM
yum!

I thoroughly enjoyed the lemmon chicken yesterday. Too bad about the wind but nice job finding cover under those conditions. U the man InTheKnow.