PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Discussions are removed.

adksara
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I was on Facebook for a bit this evening and wanted to see if they had posted anything about the snow/wind of today and I noticed they no longer have any discussion forums on their page.

I know it's their right to adjust their Facebook page as they'd like (and I'm sure it will give Emily a much needed break!), but it seems kind of petty in the 'we don't like what you are saying so we aren't going to listen' way.

At least here we have good updates from Harvey & Snowballs sense of humor & Jimmer's funny comments! 8)

rossi
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
haha i noticed that too. gives a good chuckle. ahh well back to school and shredding willard who somehow managed 16'' of snow.

Snowballs
01-03-2010, 08:14 PM
haha i noticed that too. gives a good chuckle. ahh well back to school and shredding willard who somehow managed 16'' of snow.

Willard got 16 inches ? :shock: I heard Willard has had good snow this year. I've never been there, any fun? I know it's small, but I do want to try it some day. I'm surprised you guys, Rossi/Fuj don't have nonholiday/midweek passes at West. Maybe you do. They're only $200 and you wouldn't have to wait till the weekend to rip. If you two are short of the cash next year, gimme a holler, may be hook you up, subject to parental approval of course. Two good kids like yourselves deserve some extra ripping.

Pretty bad we're talking about bailing on Gore for better conditions at the smaller Mtns. Thanks Gore NOmaking!

Snowballs
01-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I for one am glad you're posting Sara. Please keep it up. I like your independent spirit.

adksara
01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I for one am glad you're posting Sara. Please keep it up. I like your independent spirit.

I don't know if 'independent spirit' would be how best to describe it, but thanks! :lol:

Now if my dad (HudsonHiker) sees this and posts a goofy comment we'll really have a 'discussion' going.

rossi
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
haha actually we can both ski west for free. we both ski willard cuz of the school ski team. as far as the mountain goes, yes it is very small and while i havent done all of their trails some are definatly steep.

Snowballs
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Cool. I just saved $400 and I didn't even have to call Geiko!

Frostillicus
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I think if they had been honest and open on several of the 'hot button" issues from the beginning, they wouldn't have had to delete the discussion board. They got beat up b/c they avoided answering a lot of questions and concerns.

rossi
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
yes that would have saved them a lot of trouble. its funny cuz a ton of ppl including myself, actually told them thats all they needed to say and ppl would back off. but instead they kept avoiding taking direct blame or addressing the issue directly, but rather say we are asking to much and should spend a night with the snowmakers. which last i knew gore issues where and when to blow snow. unless im wrong here but i remember my dad talking to a snowmaker last yr about starting on rumor and he answered saying he wished he could but gore insists on blowing everything that doesnt need anymore snow.

also just noticed that on gores actual wesite they dont have %open anymore. must be once they get below 30trails the get rid of that, then once they hit the 40 or so mark throw it up there boasting 54% open (guessing).

Snowballs
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
See, now that's petty. Those discussion boards weren't that negative towards Gore. Any critique was warranted by Gore's own actions. It's not like people were just Flaming Gore for no reason.

Wonder if their business is off and they thought they'ld better lay low. Or perhaps more crap is coming and they wanted to shut the door on public 'Dis Cussin.

I think Rossi got it on the percent open thing.

Pratt is starting to be annoying.

JC7727
01-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I just asked where did it go, lol. ridiculous

01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I was searching twitter for comments on Gore to get better insight in why snowmaking is so bad this year and found this. This made me cry laughing.
http://www.twitter.com/goremountain

Snowballs
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I am liking this new guy. Good find, Toga boarder! I especially like the statements on the Twitter page's right side.

More Gore'd!

Purge Pratt!

Denison
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Twitter page is hilarious!

adksara
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Now that's funny... I like the Twitter bio on the side!

Gore's response to the removal of the Discussions tab was basically... we didn't like what you wrote, we don't have to have it, and lots of other mountains don't.

Ummm... ok to the middle one I guess.

Most of what was written didn't seem out of line to me, just criticism and in some cases very constructive criticism and as for the other mountains a quick scan of 14 NE mountains show only Stratton, Hunter & Stowe without Discussion boards.

Like I said before... Gore management can control their page any way they'd like... the humor here at skiadk is much better anyways!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a storm end of this week/weekend... it may track further south/east though... sigh NYC doesn't NEED snow... I do!

jmokes
01-04-2010, 04:11 PM
if they can't stand the heat then they never should've started the fb page to begin with...knowing full well that they were gonna short staff, short snow & charge for parking.