PDA

View Full Version : Say, you got new skis?

Snowballs
01-05-2010, 12:30 PM
FYI - The boys are at it again. lil flockers.

http://www.poststar.com/news/local/article_7e5a87c8-f9b1-11de-aef4-001cc4c002e0.html

01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Had my board stolen from Jiminy Peak in 2006 at night. Worst feeling. The one time I didn't use a lock. It's usually the school program kids who do the stealing according to the Jiminy Peak staff. It's when thefts are the highest.

01-05-2010, 01:00 PM
It's actually the one time when I would have wanted them to lie about still having cameras to deter theft.

highpeaksdrifter
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
It's actually the one time when I would have wanted Pratt to lie about still having cameras to deter theft. What a jackass.
Sorry about the grammar mistake in the last post. lefts=thefts.

edit=change ability

Denison
01-05-2010, 01:27 PM
What would they do with stolen skis? Sell on ebay / craigslist ?

one of the older tricks to secure skis was to separate them at a rack, to make it more difficult for a thief to find a match

I did not think of that one, good idea.

Last year I used lock for my new skis (sometimes), now they don't looks as new, still I'm considering painting(carving?) something in case I need to identify them online.

Powderqueen
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I had a pair of skis and a boot bag (with boots and car keys in it) stolen at our local hill. It was on a weeknight when all the kids are there from the school. One of my bags was moved "near" the bus loading area and I recovered it before it got on the bus. When my friend's bag was missing, I went on the bus and looked all over. It probably left on another bus.

The skis were stolen years ago...again on a weeknight with all the rug rats. I never leave my stuff unattended at night. I usually toss it back in my car (or gear up at my car). and when I leave my skis to go inside, I always split them up as a deterant.

Snowballs
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
See now that ^^^ would suck. There's something particularly depressing when somebody kifes your fun gear. I had a bicycle stolen a few years ago and I was like a lil kid whose first ride was stolen.

How about that PDQ searching the bus....smart, bold move. The girl has spunk. 8)

goreviper
01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
A theft deterent that has never failed me. I immediately take my new boards for a few runs through Gore's glades. After that they look so trashed nobody in their right mind would want to steal them.

fujative.
01-05-2010, 09:29 PM
It's amazing how much stuff get's stolen. One of my friends from Whiteface (a kid from CS Films) had his skis stolen mid February. Two weeks later I saw a kid riding them at Gore (knew they were his because there were about 3 pairs of them sold in the northeast). I called the kid and told him and schemed a way to get them back and nothing really came up till this August. Rossi called me up from work (Alpine Shop) saying the skis just showed up for a tune. Called the kid, he called the cops, he got his skis back.

Two weeks ago the kid from the previous story's friend called me saying he got his skis stolen... only he DID split them up. It was one of his skis that was a 176 with a 315 BSL and another ski that's a 166 with a 290 BSL. The unmatched skis were stolen... Idiots.

Snowballs
01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
It's amazing how much stuff get's stolen. One of my friends from Whiteface (a kid from CS Films) had his skis stolen mid February. Two weeks later I saw a kid riding them at Gore (knew they were his because there were about 3 pairs of them sold in the northeast). I called the kid and told him and schemed a way to get them back and nothing really came up till this August. Rossi called me up from work (Alpine Shop) saying the skis just showed up for a tune. Called the kid, he called the cops, he got his skis back.

Two weeks ago the kid from the previous story's friend called me saying he got his skis stolen... only he DID split them up. It was one of his skis that was a 176 with a 315 BSL and another ski that's a 166 with a 290 BSL. The unmatched skis were stolen... Idiots.

That's the Bomb !