PDA

View Full Version : Gondola shenanigans

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-06-2010, 05:05 AM
Web site now says the gondola will be down january 12 for scheduled maintenance....so, not on the 6th? or both?

anyway, "scheduled maintenance" seems like a euphimism to me for "we're not running it to save a few bucks"....the lift has been in service for not even six weeks this year, and they have to shut it down? why not work at night?

a minor complaint, since i won't be skiing on the 6th or 12th, but, still, seems strange to me.

evantrentful
01-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Its just for the 12th. WF Gondola runs throughout the summer also and alot of times with more complex detachable lifts require semi regular servicing. Im guessing they dont want to run a night shift, and with their redundant lifts, not running the gondola on a wednesdays isnt that big of a deal. When I was up there throughout my college years they did this once or twice through the season. Its nice that they give a solid week or 2 heads up now

Denison
01-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Gondola is my least favorite lift at either WF or Gore.
I'm glad they have them though - makes Facelift / Adk. Express less crowded

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-11-2010, 05:57 AM

out of curiosity, why is the WF gondi your least favorite lift on the mountain? to me, it revolutionized the skiing experience on little WF, with a great combo of steeps and cruising now available every run. anyway, i think it's a much better quality lift than that P.O.S. lift 6.....

tjf67
01-11-2010, 08:30 AM

out of curiosity, why is the WF gondi your least favorite lift on the mountain? to me, it revolutionized the skiing experience on little WF, with a great combo of steeps and cruising now available every run. anyway, i think it's a much better quality lift than that P.O.S. lift 6.....

Is it th elift you dont like or the terrain you can't handle once you get off :shock:

Denison
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
out of curiosity, why is the WF gondi your least favorite lift on the mountain?

Is it th elift you dont like or the terrain you can't handle once you get off :shock:

Well, now that I think of it, I dislike gondola ride for 2 reasons: bigger lines then any other lift(not complaining here) and the ride in closed cabin feels longer. Riding a chairlift, time seems to run faster, ride is more picturesque.

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-11-2010, 11:10 AM

huh?

the quality of the terrain is what makes the crappiness of lift 6 all the more frustrating.

Denison
01-11-2010, 11:24 AM
if #6 is little whiteface double then what's wrong with it?

even it being slow, it beats skiing down lower valley to gondola and waiting in line there..

Face4Me
01-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Lift #6 is the Summit Quad. I believe the P.O.S. reference to that lift referred to how slow the lift runs and the chairs themselves. They did put new seat covers on the Summit Quad chairs this year, to replace the badly worn and torn old ones, however, the new ones don't have too much padding (man that's a lame complaint!!!).

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Lift #6 is the Summit Quad. I believe the P.O.S. reference to that lift referred to how slow the lift runs and the chairs themselves. They did put new seat covers on the Summit Quad chairs this year, to replace the badly worn and torn old ones, however, the new ones don't have too much padding (man that's a lame complaint!!!).

yes, that's exactly what i was referring to. not only is it slow, but it's also not reliable. a P.O.S., ESPECIALLY in comparison to the gondola.