PDA

View Full Version : Da Boys Will Fly High @ West Mtn Tomorrow Night

Snowballs
01-14-2010, 11:45 PM
West Mtn will have a Big Air contest tomorrow night @ 7 pm. Free admission and right at the Base. Just 4-5 miles west of Exit 18. Local Hot Shots will strut their stuff to impress us, the judges and da Ladies. The crew from Whiteface will be there. Some Gore Hot Shots too. Come Woo Hoo! them on and figure out which one I is in the crowd for a chance to snowball me!!! Ya know ya wanna. :wink:

Be gentle I all I ask. There's been enough conflict here....we don't need anymore.

Should be a good show. See ya there.

Snowballs
01-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Good show. Kids throwing nice tricks. Tele kids doing flips and 720's. <<< That's freaky cool. There's just something rad about tricks on Teleis. Gore and Face represented very well, They made it to the finals!!!

Then during the finals disaster struck. A kid from burnt hills(?) pulled a double back flip and didn't get full rotation. His tips stuck, dug in real hard and wham...his head hit hard. Slid down the ramp ended up on his back some how and laid completely motionless....with his arms sticking up in the air. It seemed like forever ( but it wasn't) before help arrived. After much work they got him boarded and sledded down the ambulance.

This was scary chit. He didn't freggin move for along time. As he left the comp area he did raise his arms some. Hope and pray he's ok.

They called it off after that. Everybody clapped cause it was scary.

Our guys did really well. Not gonna name any Gnomes but He/they did good. These guys deserve our congrats and support. Their heart is truly in it. IMO, it would be righteous for us to also support the Park at Gore and it's completion. They've done without one for two long.

Now, if the rest of you guys could just get a permanent mogul run.......

Maybe some will chime in later with an update on the injured kid's condition. May he be well.

Lbtchnlgs
01-16-2010, 01:07 PM
was the burnt hills kid a snowboarder? or skier?

If it was a snowboarder its my roomate from CO. Either way I know who it is.. Boarders name would be justin morgan, skier would probably be cassidy?

Snowballs
01-16-2010, 01:33 PM
was the burnt hills kid a snowboarder? or skier?

If it was a snowboarder its my roomate from CO. Either way I know who it is.. Boarders name would be justin morgan, skier would probably be cassidy?

Skier. I asked around and Cassidy sounds right......Cassidy Boyd? Not sure so keep that in mind. There was alot going on and I couldn't verify.

If you find anything out please post. He had stones trying to pull it off. When He came over the top and was spinning two my first thoughts were unbelief.

We all hope and pray for him. Get back to us please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The injured skier wasn't on Teleis, but there were some on Teleis busting tricks. That's just freaky.

If Park Rats start doing tricks on Teles as a way to increase the WOW factor it could lead to an upsurge in Tele popularity.

Lbtchnlgs
01-16-2010, 02:26 PM
"Went for double backflip, ate shit, went to the hospital, got a cat scan, got second place, woulda been first if i landed it. its a good day sorta"

"yeah my brain is still intact, so I assume ill be ok. awesome comp tho."

fujative.
01-17-2010, 09:33 PM
"Went for double backflip, ate s***, went to the hospital, got a cat scan, got second place, woulda been first if i landed it. its a good day sorta"

"yeah my brain is still intact, so I assume ill be ok. awesome comp tho."

Yeah it was Cassidy. He's from Burnt Hills? I thought he lived up around Whiteface..

I did alright, but the guy in charge was pissed at me for showing up late. (fifteen mins before the comp started..?)
I think I got fourth, but they didn't mention anything under podium. Plus I never got to do anything in finals because they called the comp after Cassidy's accident. Oh well. Glad he's alright.

Snowballs
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Great job Fuj! Congratulations! Really good considering you didn't even get to do a final run. Some others did.

The Flying Fujative..........

Now mah ol lady wants to go to Placid for the aerials comp at the jumping complex this Friday night. She got stoked watching you guys. So....Road trip! There is a print out discount coupon for this at the Web site.

Was nice to meet you.

Again....GREAT JOB!!!