PDA

View Full Version : rumor

Lbtchnlgs
01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
How was it today? See that Hullabaloo is open now too. Was suppose to head up this morning... maybe tomorrow!

Denison
01-17-2010, 07:52 PM
rumor was open below headwall, lotsa snow, was fun run

you're looking at h-bloo in tomorrow's report, today it was still closed/blowing snow during day

was fun see my "report" as nschat

jmokes
01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
here's a rumor i heard a few times on saturday...after this week, gore is done blowing snow due to budget cuts.

Snowballs
01-17-2010, 08:32 PM
here's a rumor i heard a few times on saturday...after this week, gore is done blowing snow due to budget cuts.

hehehehehe.

It's not shut down now ? lol

Would not surprise anyone. Either way it's only 3-4 weeks till they traditionally shut down NOmaking anyway.

That budget cut back excuse is absolutely Gore's boob bait for the bubbas - and they believe it ! :lol:

Gore pays no taxes, never had a mortgage, never paid for any improvements....on and on and on. There's plenty of cash. Gore ought to be self sufficient, like hundreds of other ski resorts!!!

Over and over and over again today and friday i heard " destination skiers " complain about the lack of Nomaking. Why? What's going on? they asked.

Freshly blown Echo with it's luxury lift was a ghost town today..... on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND!. cause it sucked, like skiing on concrete! It should had skiers on it!

Look guys, when are you gonna stand up for your rights and your mtn? This thing is getting out of control and the mtn is heading for the outhouse. Once it's in the crapper business wise and the NOmaking system, which can't handle the original trails, is even more overloaded by the Bowl...it maybe a very long time before enough business comes back to get us back to where we were just a year or two ago.

Take a look at what is going on at skireport.com, the majority of the reports trash Gore!!! How long do you think the mtn can sustain this level of very poor customer service?

http://www.skireport.com/newyork/gore_mountain/

01-17-2010, 08:38 PM
They can't be finished blowing snow do to budget cuts....Really?

01-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Echo rode beautifully all day Sat. Probably rode bad on Sunday until it softened up but really I was extremely pleasantly surprised at the mountain on Sat. No complaints.

jmokes
01-17-2010, 09:41 PM
gore almost always shuts down the guns right after the president's week crowds even though other areas continue blowing as needed. this would be approx. 3 wweeks premature but if the budget excuses keep rolling then i wouldn't be surprised. sell the mountain & let a real ski company run it the right way.

Snowballs
01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
gore almost always shuts down the guns right after the president's week crowds even though other areas continue blowing as needed. this would be approx. 3 wweeks premature but if the budget excuses keep rolling then i wouldn't be surprised. sell the mountain & let a real ski company run it the right way.

If Hundreds of other Resorts can do a good job....WHY CAN'T GORE WITH ALL IT'S ABSOLUTELY HUGE FINANCIAL ADVANTAGES DO A GOOD JOB ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

We are getting screwed Royally!!!

Again, West Mtn got the same or less natural snowfall as Gore and West mtn has much, much better coverage and much, much better snow than Gore. There's no bare spots, no brown spots, no rocks, no ice, no concrete snow like there is at Gore.

HOW BAD IS THAT!!!

I've schooled you guys plenty. You now have all the ammunition you need to fight this war. Now I'm just gonna sit back and watch what happens. If you don't stand up for your rights and your mtn, it's all gonna go to crap. With the State being in the financial crapper, it will be along time before Gore comes back to were it was.

JC7727
01-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Gore was great today, Echo was really nice. Stop complainig and go skiing, this is getting old.

TomCat
01-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Most VT areas will be done blowing snow after Pres. week. There will be isolated exceptions for certain events, but the snow will be limited to one trail.

tom

Raymo40
01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I was up on Sunday and thought the mountin skied pretty well. Echo had a few bad spots but all in all I enjoyed it. Lies was sweet untill the afternoon when it go a little skied off. Darkside was a blast. Best day of the year so far for me. :D

mattchuck2
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Helmet Cam footage of Rumor, just after they dropped the rope on Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZehhMhY3Xd0

There was a pretty cool effect with clouds settling down below, and sunshine above Bear Mountain. I was on my tele skis (in case you can't tell).