PDA

View Full Version : The Gore Unknown

MidnightCarving
03-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey guys,
I'm 18, and have been skiing gore since i was in diapers, my parents started me young, anyway, ive gone all this time with my favorites being trails that are on the map, The Steilhangs, Hullabaloo, Kill Kare Glades, Twister and Showcase for cruising, and so on. Anyway, in all my years of skiing gore, i've never ventured into the true backcountry, mostly because my family isnt into that stuff. Anyway, the last couple years, a friend and i have gotten into it, hitting some of the BC at stowe, and looking for unmarked glades anywhere we can, on any mountain, this year we hiked whiteface for fresh tracks one morning (believe me, its a hell of a workout, for not so much of a reward).

anyway, what would you guys reccomend for some good backcountry/unmarked glades?

mattchuck2
03-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Haha, you're not going to get the secrets that easy . . . if you see me on the mountain, then I might show you around.

Son of Drifter
03-07-2006, 10:18 AM
this year we hiked whiteface for fresh tracks one morning (believe me, its a hell of a workout, for not so much of a reward).

anyway, what would you guys reccomend for some good backcountry/unmarked glades?

So you and your buddy were the 2 boarders who about a month ago hit the slides? Heard from someone that watched the decent that one of you took a fall and slide for a while. Was that your first time in the slides? :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
03-07-2006, 10:49 AM
So you and your buddy were the 2 boarders who about a month ago hit the slides? Heard from someone that watched the decent that one of you took a fall and slide for a while. Was that your first time in the slides? :twisted:

That's kinda a rush to judgement don't you think?

Son of Drifter
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM

That's kinda a rush to judgement don't you think?

It's just a guess. I don't know of other time when someone saw two boarders this year hike up and hit the slides. I was just asking if it was him and his bud. :twisted:

MidnightCarving
03-12-2006, 04:32 PM
well first, we're both skiers, and second lol, we never made it all the way to the slides, we started about 5 am and made it halfway up cloudspin, the first tracks were nice, but its a hell of alot of work.

takeahike46er
03-12-2006, 10:26 PM
well first, we're both skiers, and second lol, we never made it all the way to the slides, we started about 5 am and made it halfway up cloudspin, the first tracks were nice, but its a hell of alot of work.

Too much vert to hike it!

10-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Get a topo map. Walk into a glade and walk up hill, stop walking when you think you're high enough. Start shredding. Make your way back to a trail.

Check out the left and right side of the mountains, far right and far left. Unmarked. You'll wind back up on a service road or a trail(twister for instance).

Just start looking.

Tobesssss
10-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Watch out doh I got cought in one does mounain cougar holes in da ground done near killed meh. Stuck in der for nearly two months no food no water so all y'all WATCH OUT eh?

alexcaraco
10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
it doesnt really matter what you do. ski patrol will never clip your ticket, even if you ask them. we tried.

mattchuck2
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Haha, that sounds about right for Gore.

I think if you are really serious about finding some unmarked glades, you should go up there in the summer with a hacksaw and cut some yourself . . . then tell me where they are.