PDA

View Full Version : Friday 021910 windy

snowman
02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Rough day today - high winds kept the Gondi closed all day. Little Whiteface was running until about 9:30. The wind at the top of LF was brutal. My last ride up hurt as I was pelted with snow. The trails were blown off, but there was nice snow in sections and edges - even some deep -ish drifts. Management seemed to be trying hard to keep things moving. The freeway lift opened for a while, but that had to close too. Even the face lift was getting swung around. Every ride was pretty fun when the chairs got swinging.
I didn't get many runs in, but the ones I did were a mix of boilerplate and stashes if you knew where to look. I left around 2:00. There were just too many people for the limited lifts.

Where does the snow go when it blows off the Face?

andyzee
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Rough day today - high winds kept the Gondi closed all day. Little Whiteface was running until about 9:30. The wind at the top of LF was brutal. My last ride up hurt as I was pelted with snow. The trails were blown off, but there was nice snow in sections and edges - even some deep -ish drifts. Management seemed to be trying hard to keep things moving. The freeway lift opened for a while, but that had to close too. Even the face lift was getting swung around. Every ride was pretty fun when the chairs got swinging.
I didn't get many runs in, but the ones I did were a mix of boilerplate and stashes if you knew where to look. I left around 2:00. There were just too many people for the limited lifts.

Where does the snow go when it blows off the Face?

VT? :lol:

CUskibum
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
It ended up in the woods at Jay Peak. It was brutal over there on friday, saturday and sunday. Tram was closed and the Flyer and Jet were constantly delayed all weekend. Still deep pow in the trees and OB.

snowman
02-22-2010, 04:28 PM
It ended up in the woods at Jay Peak. It was brutal over there on friday, saturday and sunday. Tram was closed and the Flyer and Jet were constantly delayed all weekend. Still deep pow in the trees and OB.

You are probably right... I went to Jay on Sat and was think that it was the same wind that was at Whiteface. The woods were nice.