PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Sunday, March 5

levolorman
03-04-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm planning on coming down to Gore from Whiteface on Sunday, March 5. I've never skiied Gore before, and wonder where you locals would suggest skiing. I'm not concerned about ability level, but have been really bummed that there has been no way to get to the summit at Whiteface for the past couple of days die to the high winds.

So, on the way back to NY, I thought I would try Gore. Where would you ski for the best conditions without having to worry about somebody trying to spear me from behind, or somebody creating a traffic jam in front of me.

Thanks

Rick

MidnightCarving
03-04-2006, 05:26 PM
hey man,
for crowd control i'd reccomend the summit chair, or as they call it now, the "high peaks area" The runs are a little short, but are all decent runs. when you get bored of that try lies, rumor, hawkey and chatiemac, all of which are never terribly busy. Basically anywhere away from the gondola you'll be ok. For a good base cruiser try Twister.

mattchuck2
03-06-2006, 07:34 PM
How was it for you? I thought it was SWEET on Sunday . . . nice sun, big bumps on Hawkeye, Rumor and Lies, and the crowds weren't bad . . . if you avoided the Kandahar on the bottom.