PDA

View Full Version : Predictions...how many more days of skiing?

adkskier
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Does anyone have a crystal ball or inside intel? How many more days of skiing do we have remaining in the season? Pond skimming is scheduled for April 10 and the bump contest has been moved to the Arena (lame location). The forecast calls for unseasonably warm the rest of this week followed by colder temps and precip that might not be snow next week. We're losing snow daily. Budget and weather may impact this season somewhat more than others in recent history. So...how many days until mud season?

Spongeworthy
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Does anyone have a crystal ball or inside intel? How many more days of skiing do we have remaining in the season? Pond skimming is scheduled for April 10 and the bump contest has been moved to the Arena (lame location). The forecast calls for unseasonably warm the rest of this week followed by colder temps and precip that might not be snow next week. We're losing snow daily. Budget and weather may impact this season somewhat more than others in recent history. So...how many days until mud season?It was mud season in my front yard last weekend :shock:

It's too early to predict the end of the season. Two years ago we recovered from the mid-March ice storm and skied into the middle of April.

HudsonHiker
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Easter Sunday is my guess for Gore Close. Snow is going fast and Easter is early so not a good outlook but it's my best guess. Today was super thou.

Frostillicus
03-19-2010, 02:15 PM
If it gets cold next week, my guess is 3 weeks.

jmokes
03-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Survey says...Sunday after easter.

Danzilla
03-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Has to be the sunday after easter right? They have the pond skimming constest scheduled that weekend. Can't see it going past that this year.