PDA

View Full Version : What a difference

Son of Drifter
03-06-2006, 09:41 AM
a day makes. Saturday was cold with wind holds while Sunday was a blue bird day with the whole mountain open (sans Sildes of course). Left side of everything was good. That's where all the snow got blown on Saturday. There were a few big patches a ice out there but all in all it was a good day. Heard Willy took a hard fall. Hope you're alright buddy. :twisted:

Phineas
03-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Yesterday was great, 2day is even better and it looks like the next three are gonna be blue birdish w/ mid 30s! IB using some personal time this week 4sure!

SOD, Excellent way to end the day yesterday! Enjoyed meeting your cousin. Left side of Northway was sweet!

Willy has a softball sized lump on his quad. It was a tough day for Willy. Banged a tree on top of Mtn Run after catching an uphill edge - that shooked the poor guy up and then he hit that bullet proof section on lower empire, got blasted by the wind and ended up off the trail where he snapped a tree in half! It was scary to watch!

Other than that yesterday was great! Skyward was racer ready, the spin2sky route was phat - lots of wind blown powder stacked up on ripper right of three quater spin, cloudsplitter glades - NICE. Was able to get some good turns in be4 Tommy's got plowed off.. The face was skiing outstanding as well and Northway was pretty much perfect!

SKIdds
03-06-2006, 10:36 AM
But what difference will a week make........that be the question!

Looks like the end of the week and the weekend could bring come bad, bad news. Temps in the 40's to near 50 with rain showers for three or four days straight........or so the forecast for Placid says now. Sure, it might be a little colder on the mountain, unless the front bringing the weather brings with it inversion. Either way, not a stellar forecast. If that gets followed with some cold weather, as one source has it, Iceface here we come..........

We are looking at making a trip up either the weekend of the 18th or the 25th. Long range forecast (read: useless) shows some snow on the 18th. How bad do you think conditions will get, and which weekend would you plan for? Waiting until the weekend of the 25th gives some more time for some snow to fall, with any luck at all.

Looks like I'll be watching the forecasts closely for the next week or so.

Tsavolion
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
But what difference will a week make........that be the question!

Looks like the end of the week and the weekend could bring come bad, bad news. Temps in the 40's to near 50 with rain showers for three or four days straight........or so the forecast for Placid says now. Sure, it might be a little colder on the mountain, unless the front bringing the weather brings with it inversion. Either way, not a stellar forecast. If that gets followed with some cold weather, as one source has it, Iceface here we come..........

We are looking at making a trip up either the weekend of the 18th or the 25th. Long range forecast (read: useless) shows some snow on the 18th. How bad do you think conditions will get, and which weekend would you plan for? Waiting until the weekend of the 25th gives some more time for some snow to fall, with any luck at all.

Looks like I'll be watching the forecasts closely for the next week or so.

it will be great spring conditions either weekend. the 18th is a fun weekend though...snoe down, st pats etc.

highpeaksdrifter
03-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Willy has a softball sized lump on his quad. It was a tough day for Willy. Banged a tree on top of Mtn Run after catching an uphill edge - that shooked the poor guy up and then he hit that bullet proof section on lower empire, got blasted by the wind and ended up off the trail where he snapped a tree in half! It was scary to watch!
!

Poor Willy, I hope you're ok bud.

freeheelwilly
03-06-2006, 11:05 AM
a day makes. Saturday was cold with wind holds while Sunday was a blue bird day with the whole mountain open (sans Sildes of course). Left side of everything was good. That's where all the snow got blown on Saturday. There were a few big patches a ice out there but all in all it was a good day. Heard Willy took a hard fall. Hope you're alright buddy. :twisted:

thanks man. I'm Ok. Too bad because yesterday the conditiopns were sweet. I'll be back next weekend with my rain gear on.

Faceplant
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Glad UR OK....get back on the horse cowboy!!!!(Oops, can't say that anymore :wink: )