PDA

View Full Version : Its official, Im riding tomorrow

AdironRider
03-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Well after a raging weekend at the annual SLU snowbowl (for those who are enlightened you understand) I need to get my ride on. Im headin up bright and early for a nice mid-week vacation. Conditions sound good and it should be bluebird with perfect temps. Looking forward to ripping it up. Anyone else going to be there?

Faceplant
03-06-2006, 06:17 PM
T'was absolutely delightful today :D :D and looks like same for tomorrow...get there early (the idiots have already closed the NYCEF lot for the world cups even tho they haven' t got the courses ready even for practice. By noon there were a whole SIX, repeat SIX ( i have an adjective in mind but I don't want to get flagged) possibly "A" lot cars in the lot. I can understand closing it from thursday on but Monday???

Phineas
03-06-2006, 06:36 PM
cant get there 2morrow but Wednesday 4sure.

skigolfhunt
03-07-2006, 07:07 AM
T'was absolutely delightful today :D :D and looks like same for tomorrow...get there early (the idiots have already closed the NYCEF lot for the world cups even tho they haven' t got the courses ready even for practice. By noon there were a whole SIX, repeat SIX ( i have an adjective in mind but I don't want to get flagged) possibly "A" lot cars in the lot. I can understand closing it from thursday on but Monday???

Geesh Face, take a nap, lighten up, 8) chill dude. There's plenty of other parking w/ bus service to & from. If the skiing's good & the good chairs are turning, dont sweat the small stuff.

Faceplant
03-07-2006, 12:55 PM
SGH must be one of those rich dudes that has a private parking spot and locker so he doesn't have to lug his gear more than a few feet. ( He probably doesn't carry his golf bag very far either).

It's frustrating for us poor folks carrying that stuff through an empty lot!

freeheelwilly
03-07-2006, 01:00 PM
SGH must be one of those rich dudes that has a private parking spot and locker so he doesn't have to lug his gear more than a few feet. ( He probably doesn't carry his golf bag very far either).

Lockers are only $175/year. Bust open that piggy bank buddy what are you waitin' for? You can't take it with you.

Phineas
03-07-2006, 01:02 PM

drop your gear off and drive over the bridge U old cogger! it's a beautiful blue sky day and UR moaning about a little walk! No sympathy 4U at all! and YRU still not skiing??

AdironRider
03-07-2006, 03:50 PM
So I just got back and it was easily one of my best days of the year so far. Made it to the gondi by 845 and took a quick run down a perfectly groomed Upper Northway. The conditions were awesome with almost everything groomed. After that I made some laps on Skyward which is in incredible shape as well. Snow cover is perfect with no ruts bumps or crud to be found. Just carvable packed pow. Alpine boarders were all over the place as well which was awesome. It was cool to watch all of them rocking carves with their chests almost against the snow. The pipe is looking HUGE as well. Great day overall.

Faceplant
03-07-2006, 04:26 PM
first run was upper mac....really great :D then wilderness, mt run and parkway. to six and hammered skyward 5-6 times til I had to go ....had appt. Sure didn't want to leave :D :D

tjf67
03-08-2006, 08:14 AM

There is a bus that picks you up at your car in the parking lot and drops you in front of the lodge. Why wouldn't you use the amenity provided by the mountain.

I see people walking from the second lot down with the ski gear on while the bis drves right by. Silly people they wreck there equipment and look like idiots. walking the lots in ski boots.

skigolfhunt
03-08-2006, 08:23 AM

:P You know that I dont carry the golf bag far at all. That's how you get your income to take you through the winter, by looping for me.