PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobiling and tubing

Sckirby
03-06-2006, 09:19 PM
We are visting from Florida in March, any suggestion where to go snowmobiling and tubing ?

highpeaksdrifter
03-07-2006, 07:53 AM
For tubing if you want to hike up, I often see kids tubing on the golf course on the way into LP. If you want lift serviced tubing you can go to the North Creek ski bowl at Gore.

Face4Me
03-07-2006, 08:25 AM
We are visting from Florida in March, any suggestion where to go snowmobiling and tubing ?

There's a small ski center in Saranac Lake named Mt. Pisgah. They used to have lift serviced tubing but I'm not sure if they're still operating. Suggest you call first!!!

Tsavolion
03-07-2006, 09:34 AM

for tubing you can go to titus mtn for lift service.

no suggestions on snowmobiles, other than to leave it at home

Phineas
03-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Muscles not motors! Fight terror - snowshoe, cross country ski - Burning gas supports terrorism!!

highpeaksdrifter
03-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Muscles not motors! Fight terror - snowshoe, cross country ski - Burning gas supports terrorism!!

:lol: You're funny. How long have you had your ethanol fueled car now?

Phineas
03-07-2006, 10:57 AM

ethanol doesn’t cut it either. It only results in planting more corn which decreases habitat and in turn decrease bio-diversity. Hydrogen fuel is the way 2go and my truck runs on bio-fuels I get from the Ausable Inn. Plus I car pool on a regular basis.

Just because your son likes me better doesn’t mean U have to start hating on me Drifter! You've been so grumpy since U got on them top fuels - U really need to switch w/ me and everything B AOK

highpeaksdrifter
03-07-2006, 11:11 AM
my truck runs on bio-fuels I get from the Ausable Inn. Plus I car pool on a regular basis.

Just because your son likes me better doesn’t mean U have to start hating on me Drifter! You've been so grumpy since U got on them top fuels - U really need to switch w/ me and everything B AOK

"bio-fuels I get from the Ausable Inn"-interesting please explain.

I thought you where going to get those Stormriders from the Barking Bear forums. A guy over there who is a Nordica rep is selling his personal TF's for $375. That's a good price if your interested.

Are the Elimators still your only ride? They are a nice ski, but IMO not the best choice for you.

Phineas
03-07-2006, 11:26 AM
my truck runs on bio-fuels I get from the Ausable Inn. Plus I car pool on a regular basis.

"bio-fuels I get from the Ausable Inn"-interesting please explain.

I thought you where going to get those Stormriders from the Barking Bear forums. A guy over there who is a Nordica rep is selling his personal TF's for $375. That's a good price if your interested.

Are the Elimators still your only ride? They are a nice ski, but IMO not the best choice for you.

bio-fuels - U know vegatable oil used to fry foods...

The stormriders were gone after your heads -up. I'm on the Limes and they are OK for groomer - actually nice fast, snappy ski but I def miss the Stockli stability for mock speed and heavy snow conditions. Will break out the DPs when it dumps and during spring thaw.

IB getting another pair of DPs for next season but tanks for the heads up on the top fuels

mitchmac
03-07-2006, 11:42 AM

There's a small ski center in Saranac Lake named Mt. Pisgah. They used to have lift serviced tubing but I'm not sure if they're still operating. Suggest you call first!!!

Mt. Pisgah was open for tubing as of a few weeks ago when I was there. Not the biggest tubing hill, but you can't beat the price. I think it was like 5 bucks per session. You should be able to get snowmobile info in the little Lake Placid visitor's pamplet they have at all the stores and hotels.

Tsavolion
03-07-2006, 11:51 AM

ethanol doesn’t cut it either. It only results in planting more corn which decreases habitat and in turn decrease bio-diversity. Hydrogen fuel is the way 2go and my truck runs on bio-fuels I get from the Ausable Inn. Plus I car pool on a regular basis.

not to mention what is used to run the ethanol plants...haha - ausable inn, i thought you were talking about a different kind of fuel you get when you eat that nasty food there...

Tsavolion
03-07-2006, 03:26 PM

March 11 is the "Bounce Around Tubing Party" at North Creek Ski Bowl/Gore Mountain.

and for HPD and SOD March 19 is the Son Day Sundae Sunday - you guys can get cheap tix, race each other and eat ice cream! how gay and frivolous

Son of Drifter
03-07-2006, 03:50 PM
[quote=Tsavolion]and for HPD and SOD March 19 is the Son Day Sundae Sunday - you guys can get cheap tix, race each other and eat ice cream! how gay and frivolous

What the hell is going on here? Is this RSN all of a sudden? Do your mod job and end this madness and stop stoking the fire. As for the Gore Son Day Sundae Sunday 3/19 I believe that's for fathers with son's 19 and younger. I unfortunately am no longer any where near 19 so HPD would have to take OSOD (other son of drifter). :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
03-07-2006, 03:55 PM
[quote=Tsavolion]and for HPD and SOD March 19 is the Son Day Sundae Sunday - you guys can get cheap tix, race each other and eat ice cream! how gay and frivolous

What the hell is going on here? Is this RSN all of a sudden? Do your mod job and end this madness and stop stoking the fire. As for the Gore Son Day Sundae Sunday 3/19 I believe that's for fathers with son's 19 and younger. I unfortunately am no longer any where near 19 so HPD would have to take OSOD (other son of drifter). :twisted:

Your right. I deleted mine and edited yours (just took out you quoting my deleted one, don't be mad).

Son of Drifter
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM

Your right. I deleted mine and edited yours (just took out you quoting my deleted one, don't be mad).

I'll be more mad if this forum goes the way of RSN. Don't forget you're the moderator. Keep us in line. :twisted:

freeheelwilly
03-07-2006, 04:30 PM
i saw you took yours out hpd but i read it before you did and it was Fun-ny! Posts about tsavolion and preacher are just good fun!

tjf67
03-08-2006, 08:31 AM

I'll be more mad if this forum goes the way of RSN. Don't forget you're the moderator. Keep us in line. :twisted:

Drifer i dont think you beat your kid enough while he was small. I think its to late now he will kick your butt

Tsavolion
03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
i saw you took yours out hpd but i read it before you did and it was Fun-ny! Posts about tsavolion and preacher are just good fun!

oh, what was it--anything with preacher is funny! he just made an appearance in LP for empire st games. his 4th wife is a luge offical. i wonder what his 5th wife will be?