PDA

View Full Version : T'was the day (& the day before the day) before X-Mas

freeheelwilly
12-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Dates: 12-23 and 12-24
Conditions: Powder and Packed Powder
TR: On 12/23 the summit was a joke. It was so socked in that you couldn't see a thing. Peered over Sky and decided to take Paron's. Vis was so bad we didn't go back up. Good thing because the skiing we found on Lower Mac was fantastic! Natural snow all the way. A little thin in spots but excellent skiing overall. X-mas eve was good too. Vis better up top and we got Sky and Niagara a few times. Fast and furious up there but the snow was carvable. Lower mac was again excellent and Parkway was ungroomed and soft. I'm quite sure this recent weather has "changed" things over there quite a bit although we did get a few inches of fluff at my house yesterday and last night. Some more NCP in the forecast this week and then maybe some snow Friday. Let's hope! I can't wait for a return to cooler temps. Guns should be goin' today and tonight though. Then more mixed crap tomorrow and plain ol' r@#% on Thursday.

highpeaksdrifter
12-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Dates: 12-23 and 12-24
Some more NCP in the forecast this week and then maybe some snow Friday. Let's hope! I can't wait for a return to cooler temps. Guns should be goin' today and tonight though. Then more mixed crap tomorrow and plain ol' r@#% on Thursday.

Yeah things ain't lookin so good the next few days. Wait and see and hope for the best.