PDA

View Full Version : March 8th

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2006, 08:00 AM
OK who was there yesterday on a perfect sunny day with the Slides open? Go ahead and gloat, we want to here it anyway.

freeheelwilly
03-09-2006, 08:24 AM
OK who was there yesterday on a perfect sunny day with the Slides open? Go ahead and gloat, we want to here it anyway.Well we didn't hear much from phineas yesterday, did we? (Not that I'm complaining :lol: ).

ski_newbie
03-09-2006, 10:11 AM
I was at WF for the awesome conditions yesterday and gloat I will! We skied Sat, Sun, Tues & Wed on our first trip to the mountain and I have to say it was magic, each day better than the previous one. Crowds were manageable on the weekend (smaller than other places we've been) and even less during the week. Wind shut down some of the lifts Sat and gave us a little pounding Sun but were gone after that. And the conditions... oh man! For those of you who are local to WF I have to say... you are lucky, lucky people (or smart). The snow is better even in the afternoon than most places I've skied and just perfection the first couple hours of the day.

Follies to Excelsior down Broadway then back over to Lower Gap and Lower Valley was my favorite run but I also played on the upper part of Excelsior, Parons, Upper Valley, some of the greens (when my legs were tired) and eventually Essex and Thruway. My BF had fun on most of the black, loved Skyward and was disappointed that Upper Cloudspin was closed (anyone know why?). We were all over the mountain and really enjoyed being able to take different paths to meet up later. I even took a few lessons from the excellent team there and worked on perfecting my carve.

Saw some gusty folks out on the slide yesterday as we road up the Summit Quad but I kept my backside off them (I have no business going there). Looks treacherous. When you guys were referring to the "waterfall" did that mean that HUGE section of ice?

I hope the weather holds for you all up there to finish off the season. Thanks for all the great suggestions. We'll be back next year (and only wish it could be sooner)!

freeheelwilly
03-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Glad you had fun Newbie. Upper cloud was only closed from the top (at least on saturday and sunday when i was there) because the wind scours it up there down to bulletproof ice. There are various places to drop in below that from Skyward (and even Parons). It was filled with wind buff/chunky stuff as well as pockets of soft powder on sunday - fun but a little tricky in spots.

Tsavolion
03-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I was at WF for the awesome conditions yesterday and gloat I will! We skied Sat, Sun, Tues & Wed on our first trip to the mountain and I have to say it was magic, each day better than the previous one. Crowds were manageable on the weekend (smaller than other places we've been) and even less during the week. Wind shut down some of the lifts Sat and gave us a little pounding Sun but were gone after that. And the conditions... oh man! For those of you who are local to WF I have to say... you are lucky, lucky people (or smart). The snow is better even in the afternoon than most places I've skied and just perfection the first couple hours of the day.

Follies to Excelsior down Broadway then back over to Lower Gap and Lower Valley was my favorite run but I also played on the upper part of Excelsior, Parons, Upper Valley, some of the greens (when my legs were tired) and eventually Essex and Thruway. My BF had fun on most of the black, loved Skyward and was disappointed that Upper Cloudspin was closed (anyone know why?). We were all over the mountain and really enjoyed being able to take different paths to meet up later. I even took a few lessons from the excellent team there and worked on perfecting my carve.

Saw some gusty folks out on the slide yesterday as we road up the Summit Quad but I kept my backside off them (I have no business going there). Looks treacherous. When you guys were referring to the "waterfall" did that mean that HUGE section of ice?

I hope the weather holds for you all up there to finish off the season. Thanks for all the great suggestions. We'll be back next year (and only wish it could be sooner)!

Awesome - glad you had fun! the weather and conditions were perfect for you.

skigolfhunt
03-09-2006, 01:21 PM
[quote="ski_newbie"]IWhen you guys were referring to the "waterfall" did that mean that HUGE section of ice?

quote]

yup