PDA

View Full Version : Weather report looking grim

AdironRider
03-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Next 6 days will all be above 40 degrees with at least some rain forcasted for 5 of those days. We all need to pray to the snow gods immediately!!!!

Tsavolion
03-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Next 6 days will all be above 40 degrees with at least some rain forcasted for 5 of those days. We all need to pray to the snow gods immediately!!!!

the forcast this morning was rain today and tomorrow, but weekend looks sunny. where are you getting your info and stop being such a downer. and its barely raining..its a LIGHT drizzle that you cant even feel if you are walking outside to get a snickers latte...YUM!

AdironRider
03-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I was just going off the weather link on the Whiteface page. Im not there, so I dont know the condition. All I know is that here in Canton NY it was raining, not just a drizzle, all damn day. Just stopped about a half hour ago. Im an hour and a half west of Whiteface, so thats good to hear its not that bad.

freeheelwilly
03-09-2006, 03:59 PM
we return to cold by next wednesday. i'm thinkin' BIG storm late next week. BIG one. BIG BIG BIG!

SKIdds
03-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Accuweather is showing cold air back in place by Wed of next week, with 4 inches of snow in the forecast Monday night into Tuesday.

SKIdds
03-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Ok, so that possible snow tonite into tomorrow is really only going to be an inch and a half of rain to go with the 50 degree temps........along with a trail count that has dropped into the 50's. What a shame to take this hit.

On the bright side, once we get past tomorrow Accuweather isn't showing any temps above freezing for the next week and a half. Start doing the snow dances now.

I'm sure the spring conditions were sweet over the weekend, but anybody have any comments of how much of a beating the base has taken? It's been very foggy down here, and snow and fog aren't very good friends ;). Hope the fog hasn't socked in up on the mountian.

highpeaksdrifter
03-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm sure the spring conditions were sweet over the weekend, but anybody have any comments of how much of a beating the base has taken? It's been very foggy down here, and snow and fog aren't very good friends ;). Hope the fog hasn't socked in up on the mountian.

Upper mountain had plenty of snow yesterday, lower is starting to get thin in spots. We will definately need help from Mother Nature to get to the tenative closing date of 4/16.

AdironRider
03-13-2006, 12:43 PM
I was there on Tuesday and then again on Sat and the difference was HUGE. Whiteface will need a dump if they want to be open into April.

freeheelwilly
03-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Me thinks the doom & gloomers in here need a reality check. It's March 13. It's still winter in the mountains and will be for at least another 5-6 weeks. More snow will fall at Whiteface make no mistake. I too didn't like the damage to the base I saw on Saturday but I had prepared myself for it. Snow tomorrow, wed and thurs and possibly something bigger at end of week. Chin up!

Skier 4 Life
03-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Me thinks the doom & gloomers in here need a reality check. It's March 13. It's still winter in the mountains and will be for at least another 5-6 weeks. More snow will fall at Whiteface make no mistake. I too didn't like the damage to the base I saw on Saturday but I had prepared myself for it. Snow tomorrow, wed and thurs and possibly something bigger at end of week. Chin up!

I definitely agree with you, FHW. Let's all hope for some more snow. It's too early for the season to end just yet :!:

03-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Don't talk about the weather to much. HPD kept saying it was going to rain yeaterday morning and he jinkxed us. It started raining at lunch. Think positive thoughts. SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!! I heard something about a big storm on the western side of the great lake. Maybe that will make it our way.

highpeaksdrifter
03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Don't talk about the weather to much. HPD kept saying it was going to rain yeaterday morning and he jinkxed us. It started raining at lunch. Think positive thoughts. SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!! I heard something about a big storm on the western side of the great lake. Maybe that will make it our way.

I kept saying it was NOT going to rain and that jinkxed us. At 11:30 there wasn't a rain cloud in sight.

intheknow
03-13-2006, 05:08 PM
i was up there today (not skiing) and it was raining pretty steadily. unfortunate after such great conditions on saturday. hero snow....really. we do have some thin spots now, but don't give up yet. you know we're in for more snow this month.

here's herb stevens take on march: "as the week of the 13th will turn colder, and the contrast between the remaining cold of winter and the growing warmth of spring to the south will combine to generate a good deal of precipitation in the east later in the month…much of the precipitation will be mountain snow."

the nice thing this week is the fact that the temps will drop gradually and not immediately. that will give our groomers a fighting chance to provide a good surface.

Phineas
03-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Windy and snow showers.. calling for 6+ for the western part of Essex County - for those geographically challenged that means WF is gonna get snow!

Really looking forward to this weekend - lots of fun on tap!

highpeaksdrifter
03-14-2006, 10:55 AM

Me too. I can't wait for the whole Moe thing to start in the afternoon. It's gonna be wild.

Phineas
03-14-2006, 11:54 AM

Me too. I can't wait for the whole Moe thing to start in the afternoon. It's gonna be wild.

word!

skin2win!!