PDA

View Full Version : Non Holiday Pass

Son of Drifter
03-14-2006, 01:50 PM
A little birdy told me that next year's non-holiday pass goes on sale March 20 (good for the rest of this season)
The price this year goes up to $349. However it will include 2 holiday days (don't know what ones) :twisted:

FCBHOLESHOT13
03-14-2006, 02:03 PM
I wouldnt hold my breath regarding whether or not passes will go up next season... they always do...sigh. However at 63 bucks a pop for day passes, you'd be crazy not to take advantage of the savings from a season's pass. Personally, i think the non-holiday passes are a joke. It is true that i like to steer clear of the xmas week, the mtn gets taken over by new jersey! But, a lot of those holiday days are great riding days too...
Some food for thought:
Isnt Whiteface Mtn. owned and operated by the state of NY? Great to see they pass along the profits by offering a great deal on season's passes and day passes (please sense the sarcasm)

Tsavolion
03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
A little birdy told me that next year's non-holiday pass goes on sale March 20 (good for the rest of this season)
The price this year goes up to $349. However it will include 2 holiday days (don't know what ones) :twisted:

christmas eve is one..which doesnt help me at all because i go home. it is going to be $349. this year i got a gore/wface because i missed the deadline for the wface only. it was only $449, but i havnt been to gore at all and i doubt i will. i still couldnt ski on any holidays.

Son of Drifter
03-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Isnt Whiteface Mtn. owned and operated by the state of NY? Great to see they pass along the profits by offering a great deal on season's passes and day passes (please sense the sarcasm)

Profits? As a cost accountant I don't see how they can make any money. The place is hardly ever at full capacity (people wise) and the operating costs must be through the roof. Insurance alone takes half of every day ticket. I'd love to see their books. Any profit is a minor miricle. :twisted:

Tsavolion
03-14-2006, 04:58 PM

Profits? As a cost accountant I don't see how they can make any money. The place is hardly ever at full capacity (people wise) and the operating costs must be through the roof. Insurance alone takes half of every day ticket. I'd love to see their books. Any profit is a minor miricle. :twisted:

not to mention the fact that they barely get any snow and have to make most of it.

Phineas
03-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Estimate cost just for propane when pumping max out is something crazy like 4Gs a week!!

349 is good deal

Son of Drifter
03-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Estimate cost just for propane when pumping max out is something crazy like 4Gs a week!!

349 is good deal

I've been told it costs $10,000 a day to make snow. At $349 if you only go 5.5 times you break even. :twisted:

Phineas
03-15-2006, 10:13 AM

349 is good deal

I've been told it costs $10,000 a day to make snow. At $349 if you only go 5.5 times you break even. :twisted:

its not cheap and its five times denser than natural snow. I love natural snow! its natural snowing right now!

Tsavolion
03-15-2006, 10:55 AM

349 is good deal

its not cheap and its five times denser than natural snow. I love natural snow! its natural snowing right now!

yes and with that wind its naturally blowing right into the woods! DOH!

FCBHOLESHOT13
03-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Im not compaining about the cost of season's passes... just the cost of lift tickets. I know that they need to make a profit and all that but why cant they offer day passes at a more competitive rate... Nearly all the ski resorts on the east coast have a cheaper day rate than whiteface... my god, Vail is cheaper in most rates than whiteface...
I could care less if some bonehead from new jersey has to pay $63 to ski for the day, but when i have to shell out that much for a pass for my girlfriend is ridiculous. There should be discount rates for season pass holders, and there should be considerable discounts for long time season pass holders... i know ive been purchasing a seasons pass for the past 12 years +. Call me cheap, but I think i deserve some love from Whiteface and ORDA.

Tsavolion
03-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Im not compaining about the cost of season's passes... just the cost of lift tickets. I know that they need to make a profit and all that but why cant they offer day passes at a more competitive rate... Nearly all the ski resorts on the east coast have a cheaper day rate than whiteface... my god, Vail is cheaper in most rates than whiteface...
I could care less if some bonehead from new jersey has to pay $63 to ski for the day, but when i have to shell out that much for a pass for my girlfriend is ridiculous. There should be discount rates for season pass holders, and there should be considerable discounts for long time season pass holders... i know ive been purchasing a seasons pass for the past 12 years +. Call me cheap, but I think i deserve some love from Whiteface and ORDA.

what comparible mountain is cheaper than whiteface?

they have a three pack where they offer discounts and there are discounts on mid week tickets. if she skis more than 5 times, get her a whiteface only season pass doofus.

SKIdds
03-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Nearly all the ski resorts on the east coast have a cheaper day rate than whiteface.
Non Holiday weekend rates at other east coast resorts:

Killington 72
Mount Snow 71
Stratton 71
Okemo 69
Sugarbush 63

As far as I can tell Vail is 81.

Some of these resorts offer a cheaper mid week non holiday ticket. Jay offers a lower non holiday weekend day rate. I don't even know if Stowe offers a one day (two day is all they show on their site).

While I agree that lift tickets have gotten a little out of hand, Whiteface is not charging more than other major east copast resorts.

FCBHOLESHOT13
03-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Hmm, I guess I was wrong... I would like to see a discount day pass for season pass holders. Jay does this with great success. $35 gets you a full day pass when you show your Whiteface season's pass.

PowderBurn
03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
While Whiteface is relative to the prices of what other resorts in the east cost, it should be noted that Whiteface is run by ORDA which is a government subsidiary. One of purposes of the $200 million grant that ORDA was given in 1981 was to "improve the physical fitness and recreational education of citizens of new york" (that is directly from its mandate). Based on this it would only seem fair that there was some type of discount for New York residents. Also the $349 season pass is the same as ski America charges for a season pass that includes Killington, Pico, Attitash, Sugarbush, Mount Snow, and Sunday River.

As far as making a profit, Gore mountain had revenues of $6.625+ million last year, not including the anything from summer operations (something like $70,000) and I am not sure what there operating costs are, but I just thought I would throw those numbers out there.