PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Ski Report

03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
In a word HARD. I just don’t know where the freshly fallen snow goes at this mountain. Again most of the MT closed. Large areas of granit on Upper Northway. Larger patches of ice in the Coon Pit. Mt. Run, Wilderness and Lower McKenzie were fun. Lower Mac had the most powder on it. Pillowy areas of soft snow on all runs that put the breaks on your skis. Hardly what I would call a powder day. ( Powder Day = 6+ inches of fresh snow) Grass peaking through in areas. Small rocks all over the place. Bring you junk skis but sharpen the edges. If it warms up maybe we will get the corn back. I hope they spray the snow with green dye for St. Pat day. Thank goodness for beer.

SKIdds
03-16-2006, 05:09 PM
For those who like to roam the edges and scour the fringes and find the places where the snow blows into I'm sure there is some powder to be found, but it really sounds like conditions suck right now. The trail count keeps going in the wrong direction. Need more snow and the proper mix of daytime warmth and nighttime cold...........here's to hoping, and perhaps a little bit o' luck of the Irish. Happy St Patty's day all..............