PDA

View Full Version : Whiteface 3/22/2006 TR

ski_adk
03-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Finally made it back to the Face for the 2nd time this year and what a beautiful birthday present the day was. Started the day around 9:30 with a super fast bombing run down Excelsior which was in great shape. Then went up to the summit for a few laps down Skyward and Parrons which were also quite nice. The loose granular/wind-blown soft stuff felt great under my new Sweet Daddies. After a few runs, it was time for lunch followed by a little exploration off Little Whiteface. Essex and Northway had some really nice soft patches up top and despite a few pebbles and a little hard-pack here and there, it was nice. Approach, Mtn. Run, Drapers, Parkway and Thruway all had some nice soft snow on the sides which was very fast and carveable. After another short rehydration break, made 3 more laps on the summit and by then, it was time to head on home. Overall, it was another awesome day for me at my favorite mountain. The 1/2 inch of snow that fell/drifted around on the summit was a great treat...it was nice to see that winter is still hanging on somewhere in NY.

highpeaksdrifter
03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Great, I'm looking forward to softer conditions this weekend. :D