PDA

View Full Version : April snow

Wa
04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Is there anyone up in the Gore area that can post some details about Gore's reported snowfall?

Also- any reports from last weekend?

JC7727
04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
website says 3 inches.

skitoggrob
04-05-2006, 08:59 PM
last weekend...as in sunday april 2nd...was AWSOME...greatt skiing...buttom was as fast as hell in the morning but then slushed up at 10-12..ish...then the summit was ammazing around 11-3....great day of skiing and got a great google tan!....wish i was gonna be there this weekend...maybe i will be?!?

adksara
04-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Sunday was awesome! Funny though - we switched the clocks ahead and then had to wait for the mountain to catch up with our time... so we spent a bit longer running the lower mtn. until they opened the summit...

And then the summit!!!!!!!!! 8)

Lies was fabulous, Open Pit was fun, Chatimac was fun and Hawkeye bumps eventually softened. I didn't run Rumors, but everyone that I met at the bottom ran it like a hero! :D And you couldn't beat the lunch crowd, the picnic table finally thawed out and got dragged out for a "gourmet pbj" luncheon!

My in-laws in Johnsburg have snow in their yard - I was raking in Glens Falls and my mom-in-law was shoveling! So all fingers crossed... maybe another trip to Gore is in store. But boy I hope that they're able to keep a bit of snow at the base, because coming down from the summit late in the afternoon was rough...

-ADK Sara