PDA

View Full Version : The Season Ain't Over Yet

04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
This was a first for me. I was the only one on Mountain Run and Wilderness. At 1:30 in the afternoon I had fresh powder first tracks all the way down. It wasn’t the light and fluffy stuff either. Great for single sticks but if you have two you need to pay attention. Lots of fun and lots of work. It should be great tomorrow morning if they roll it to corduroy. Plenty of sneaky stuff under the snow that you can’t see now. The upper mountain had about 8 inches and the lower had about 4. It is still snowing heavy in LP at 2100’. They say we should have a few more inches tonight and tomorrow. Let’s hope so.

highpeaksdrifter
04-04-2006, 03:56 PM
This was a first for me. I was the only one on Mountain Run and Wilderness. At 1:30 in the afternoon I had fresh powder first tracks all the way down. It wasn’t the light and fluffy stuff either. Great for single sticks but if you have two you need to pay attention. Lots of fun and lots of work. It should be great tomorrow morning if they roll it to corduroy. Plenty of sneaky stuff under the snow that you can’t see now. The upper mountain had about 8 inches and the lower had about 4. It is still snowing heavy in LP at 2100’. They say we should have a few more inches tonight and tomorrow. Let’s hope so.

Now that's what I call a good post. I'm hoping to make it at least till Easter.

Denison
04-05-2006, 10:29 AM
it's snowing right now in Manhattan

Faceplant
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Plenty of white stuff today but as willy said, you gotta work for it and stay alert. Crazy conditions but far better than one can expect for April. Unless something bad happens, definitely making it to easter! :D

wondertrev
04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Skiing was pretty decent up top today, really sketchy at the bottom. We got to compare core shots after getting off the gondola. And I just got them tuned....

skitoggrob
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
oo mann i want to get up there sooo bad...to bad i live in syracuse.... :D :D :( :( :!: :!:

skitoggrob
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
is there really 8 inches of fresh stuff???

wondertrev
04-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Relax; you're not missing anything special.

highpeaksdrifter
04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Relax; you're not missing anything special.

It was special last Sunday, weather looks pretty good for this weekend andwhoever it is it's whats left of the season. Long way till next season so get it while you can.