PDA

View Full Version : tucks

jackstraw
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
hit it on saturday. low snowpack 4sure. according to the ranger the sherbie was open about a 1/3 of the way down. we even had to step out for 100ft or so in one section. sun wasn't out much, thankfully, as it would have been a soup bowl w/ a lot of ice fall. mostly cloudy w/ hail and a little rain was what we had. skied left gully for the first time in about 10yrs. rode the skiers left double fall line ridge...its like a 1/4 pipe...for those that haven't skied it. its really fun, i had forgotten how much. not many if any had skied that line on sat. therefore i set off several wet sluffs that formed a nice sluff river thru the choke. great visual. see if i can post a pic here?? how do you do it??

AdironRider
04-18-2006, 11:39 AM
I did the exact same run on Sat and noticed the same conditions, each turn on my board sent sluff down the entire gully. Defiantely felt good to rock carves through a natural quarter pipe on the left with a rock face to the right.

You didnt happen to see a snowboarder with a red/tan jacket and black pants in the gully while you were there did you? I waited at the top for a couple skiers to finish their climb and there were a few on the boot ladder as I came down. Wonder if one of em was you. Sherbie wasnt opend for very far and what was had some real thin cover with a few spots I had to walk across. The weather wasnt to bad though minus that one brief period of hail that hit right as I reached the top of the gully. It was even sunny for a little bit in there.

jackstraw
04-18-2006, 01:10 PM
no, i didn't see you. i was on a rock when that hail came thru...that was a cool little storm! you probably didn't see that guy launch the icefall then? he dropped about a 30' into the bowl, nailed the landing and rocketed a few gs turns to lunch rocks. i bet he was going 50-60mph! sick :D

freeheelwilly
04-18-2006, 01:43 PM
you probably didn't see that guy launch the icefall then? he dropped about a 30' into the bowl, nailed the landing and rocketed a few gs turns to lunch rocks. i bet he was going 50-60mph! sick :D

That was me....slideslippin' willy! :lol: :lol:

What up with the quote feature? Blues :(

AdironRider
04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I saw a guy in an orange jacket pick his way down after my run but he didnt do any 30 foot hucks. After shooting through he made 1 turn the rest of the way down. Mustve been a hell of a ride. Was it the same guy?

jackstraw
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
no, not that guy. i saw him as well. he slidslipped down and then skied off to the skiers left...thumbs down! the guy who ripped it made a couple turns above the ice and launched off to skiers right.

Phineas
04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
boston sux!

hahahahahahahahaha

jackstraw
04-21-2006, 11:27 AM
East W L PCT GB
Boston 11 5 .688 - -
Baltimore 10 7 .588 1.5
Tampa Bay 8 8 .500 3.0
New York 7 7 .500 3.0
Toronto 7 7 .500 3.0

sure ghosty, sure!

jackstraw
04-21-2006, 11:32 AM
so ghost...another yr has passed and you still haven't made it to tuckermans? and you call yourself a skier? so what's the excuse this time? we've got fhw and adironrider amongst the elite n.e. skiers, but no ghosty...

Phineas
04-25-2006, 10:44 AM
so ghost...another yr has passed and you still haven't made it to tuckermans? and you call yourself a skier? so what's the excuse this time? we've got fhw and adironrider amongst the elite n.e. skiers, but no ghosty...

just have a hard time leaving the blueline... I know I cant say I am an east coast ripper till I get to NH so another poser year for me.... but at least I have the Yankees!