PDA

View Full Version : Little Annoyed w/ Host and Saftey patrol

Phineas
01-03-2006, 11:34 AM
HPD,

We need to ski around and discuss host patrol and safety patrol role. I had a very good friend injured over the Christmas week, seriously injured. He is a 50-year vet on the Ski Patrol and he was slammed in2 by a reckless racer who aired off the top of the Niagara pitch and hit the patrol in the head. This person is out for the season and mayB his ski career is over.

Skiing Niagara yesterday, I witnessed a group of five reckless racers tucking through the general public - down the same pitch the jerk ruined our guy.

I think a good use of Host and Safety patrol's time would be to cycle to critical intersections and blind spots on the hill and control reckless speed. I would gladly show
you the areas I believe are not being covered.

highpeaksdrifter
01-03-2006, 12:04 PM
HPD,

We need to ski around and discuss host patrol and safety patrol role. I had a very good friend injured over the Christmas week, seriously injured. He is a 50-year vet on the Ski Patrol and he was slammed in2 by a reckless racer who aired off the top of the Niagara pitch and hit the patrol in the head. This person is out for the season and mayB his ski career is over.

Skiing Niagara yesterday, I witnessed a group of five reckless racers tucking through the general public - down the same pitch the jerk ruined our guy.

I think a good use of Host and Safety patrol's time would be to cycle to critical intersections and blind spots on the hill and control reckless speed. I would gladly show
you the areas I believe are not being covered.

:

Everyone at the mountain is concerned about your friend. I had heard he was doing better and was home. I sure hope so.

I'd be happy to ski with you and have a discussion. I'll be there Sat. and Sun. let me know.

Phineas
01-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I'll find U on the hill this weekend and we'll consult
:shock:

Phineas
01-03-2006, 01:59 PM
HPD,

Please edit out the last two sentences of inital post on this. Bit harsh on my part - no need to make bad situation worse. :roll:

highpeaksdrifter
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
HPD,

Please edit out the last two sentences of inital post on this. Bit harsh on my part - no need to make bad situation worse. :roll:

I did on my quote, you have to edit your post I can't.

Greg
01-04-2006, 09:10 AM
HPD,

You should be able to edit any post, HPD...

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Oh Yeah, :oops:

Phineas
01-04-2006, 10:24 AM
HPD,

thanks