PDA

View Full Version : Still snow at gore

Lbtchnlgs
05-01-2006, 09:12 PM
My freind won a free 3 seater airplane ride, looked like there was still snow on the top of the mtn on most of the trails. I saw a cell phone picture but it was sort of cool. Only two high peaks still have some snow left.

highpeaksdrifter
05-02-2006, 04:57 AM
This pix was taken on top of Sleeping Beauty this past Sat. If you look to the left you can see Gore. We could easily make out Rumor and Lies.

http://forums.skiadk.com/albums/album08/100_1707.jpg

Harvey44
05-02-2006, 08:25 AM
I was up at our place last weekend. It looked like at the top, everthing but Chatiemac and Open Pit, had "decent" coverage. If you were willing to hike the Schaeffer.....Also I drove to the parking lot twice to call my wife (closet place I can get a signal) there were some scraps left on Twister. It was wierd to be there when it was so quiet!

Anyone ever hike the Schaeffer after the lifts close?

Mark

adksara
05-02-2006, 08:13 PM
A friend's son hiked up this past week/weekend and skied... was fun - beautiful skies and beautiful snow, just a bit harder to get to.

Took some pictures of all the snow as we hiked up Pilot Knob Sunday... and then had a good laugh back at the parking lot... there was a huge ATV in the back of some big a#@ truck in the parking lot... we could've stolen the ATV, driven it up to Gore, rallied some skiers, and made loops of the summit...

Drive up to the top of Rumor, drop you off, drive down Cloud to Headwaters, pick 'ya up (for a nominal fee of course), drove 'ya back up... repeat :D Hopefully we would have made enough $$ to pay for the bail when the guy came looking for the ATV... but it was fun joking about it :P

We may take a hike up to check out Darby side too this weekend.

-ADK Sara