PDA

View Full Version : New USA resort guide - need people who know Whiteface well

Martin Bell
05-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Greetings Adirondack skiers,

I was invited to post this message by a member of the www.alpinezone.com forum , so please don't blame me! Apologies that I have not contributed to your forum - the reason is simple: I know very little about Whiteface and have never skied there. (I nearly got to compete in 1980 but I was just a year or two too young - I did my first World Cup race the following season in 1981.)

I am editing a new guide to US resorts, called "Snowfinder USA". (It is a continuation of the series begun with "Snowfinder France" - more info here: http://www.wave-finder.com/onlineshop/onlineshop_productexd.asp?plid=10
The guide will feature detailed reports on major US resorts, including very short descriptions of every trail, and a selection of the most happening bars and restaurants.

We are gathering this info using locals and ski bums ("seasonnaires") at the various resorts. This is quite normal and accepted practice in the guide book business. A similar process has been used for many years, to produce "consumer report" guides, such as Where to Ski, Good Ski Guide, or the ZAGAT restaurant surveys. Many websites, such as www.goski.com, also use consumer feedback. This is strictly VOLUNTARY - if you do not wish to participate, please ignore this message.

Here's an example of the types of trail descriptions we're looking for (from Snowfinder France):
http://www.wave-finder.com/media/snowp188-189.pdf

If you would like to be a contributor giving feedback on Whiteface (or any other resort on the list below), please PM me. Or you can email me at martinbellskicamps@hotmail.com

Unfortunately there is no payment available for your contribution, but you will get a free copy, a credit in the publication, plus the satisfaction of helping out your fellow skiers.

List of resorts
California:
Lake Tahoe Area (Alpine Meadows, Kirkwood, Mt Rose, Northstar-at-Tahoe,
Sierra-at-Tahoe, Sugar Bowl)
Heavenly (Lake Tahoe)
Squaw Valley (Lake Tahoe)
Mammoth

Colorado:
Aspen / Snowmass
Beaver Creek
Breckenridge
Copper Mountain
Crested Butte
Keystone
Steamboat
Telluride
Vail
Winter Park

Utah:
Alta
The Canyons
Deer Valley
Park City
Snowbasin
Snowbird
Solitude

Rest of the West:
Big Mountain, Montana
Big Sky / Moonlight Basin, Montana
Jackson Hole,Wyoming
Sun Valley, Idaho
Taos, New Mexico

East:
Killington
Lake Placid / Whiteface
Bretton Woods
Stowe

Many apologies for the fact that relatively few Eastern resorts are included. This guide is primarily aimed at the UK destination market, although it will also be on sale in the US. If the first edition is successful, we will look at adding more East Coast resorts in later editions.
Many thanks.

jackstraw
05-11-2006, 12:11 PM
FREE TAOS

Martin Bell
05-12-2006, 11:55 AM
FREE BEER IN TAOS!

jackstraw
05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
eske's giving beer away?