PDA

View Full Version : Gore wins Silver Eagle award

Greg
05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.nsaa.org/nsaa/press/2006/ClifBarGoldenEagleAwards06.asp

excerpt:

Silver Eagle, Visual Impact: Gore Mountain, New York Gore Mountain takes a holistic approach to minimizing its visual impact. Its Hudson River Pump House, transformer, and intake structure for snowmaking were all designed to mask their appearance. Gore painted the pump house "Johnsburg Brown," a locally made color using brown pigment mined within the town. The resort keeps roadways in a full natural state rather than thinning the forest to offer drivers more scenic views. All of Gore Mountain's architectural development, including its two newest buildings, is themed after the Great Camps of the Adirondacks. This special architecture was designed to work in harmony with its surroundings
Finalists: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (WY), Beaver Creek (CO)

Lbtchnlgs
05-26-2006, 03:44 PM
That's pretty cool. Pretty much Gore is a household name now 8)

adksara
05-30-2006, 08:25 PM
That's great that Gore's getting such an award...

... but I'm amazed at one point - could've sworn that the Paintbed mine has been closed for many as 50 years or more and no one makes "Johnsburg Brown" anymore... they must've had that color saved for a long, long time :D I'm glad the state saved some money by using that old paint they had hanging around!!!

Anyways - good for Gore! :D

ADK Sara