PDA

View Full Version : Best Glades

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Let's leave liftlines out of this discussion. What is your favorite glade at Gore and why. I think mine is Twister, it may not be especially challaging, but it is expensive with alot of options in there. I like Kill Kare Glades alot too. Short, but very sweet.

mattchuck2
01-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Twister is Great because it's so long. I also like the upper entrance to Chatiemac Glades, in the super secret location that isn't that hard to find if you're looking. Like I said on another thread, the Cave is good, and KHS (now called Darby Woods). Also good are Snoopy's, Red Dog, Hot Dam, The Playground and Newton's. But I have absolutely no idea where those are. ;)

kcyanks1
01-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Let's leave liftlines out of this discussion. What is your favorite glade at Gore and why. I think mine is Twister, it may not be especially challaging, but it is expensive with alot of options in there. I like Kill Kare Glades alot too. Short, but very sweet.

I somehow managed to ski at Gore for about 18 years (haven't gone the past couple), without knowing about off-the-map glades.. So going by the on-the-map ones, and not including additions from the past 2 years, I'd say the Chatimatic glades. I liked Twister too but only got to do those once (never got to do Tawahus, have done Kill Kare and Straightbrook a handful of times).

10-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Kill Kare, if longer, would take it

Anything skiers right on the Gore Peak/Straightbrook area is dope.

alexcaraco
10-20-2006, 10:11 PM
chattemac are super fun on a good day- aka when theyre closed.

jimmer
12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
i really like tawahus ,a bit of ahike but well worth it.the cave and khs were redone this summer and will be nice when the snows come. you cn thank charlie hippy and adam for taking care of these.fyi they are on the trail map. hope for snow.

Nerdle
12-16-2006, 01:36 PM
tawhahus is my favorite glades also...the hike isnt bad until about the 4th time ya do it..then it starts to suck...but once your in there and there is good snow...its all good

jimmer
01-01-2007, 04:54 PM
gore does have some really great wood skiing, but the best trees in the north east are at jay peak, awsome. if gore could get more snow they would be right up there with them though, needle on needles. b 8)

jimmer
01-01-2007, 04:57 PM
gore does have some really great wood skiing, but the best trees in the north east are at jay peak, awsome. if gore could get more snow they would be right up there with them though, needle on needles. b 8)

mikebike
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
JImmer ....are you stuttering again :lol:

jimmer
01-01-2007, 05:45 PM
JImmer ....are you stuttering again :lol: sorry about that ,my bad.

Wa
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
The length of Twister glades is just amazing, Chatiemac is a lot of fun when you don't miss the lift back up, Straighbrook would be nice if it were longer, like Kill Kare... I guess I like them all so I'm no good for this poll am I?
I met Snoopy this weekend..... but I forgot where it is ;) Thanks to the 2 who took me for a run. Really great glade so I guess thats my new favorite.
Still looking for some more....

dexter
02-21-2007, 10:38 PM
skiied kilkar once they were great would be great if they took the tree out of the end and opened them

Harvey44
02-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Straightbrook and High Pines.

But that is from a true needle.

Can someone tell me what a needle is.

Harv

jimmer
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Straightbrook and High Pines.

But that is from a true needle.

Can someone tell me what a needle is.

Harv come on harv you know for sewing. but in gores case a needle can be many things, some good some bad, when your buddy screws up =needle,any goofball on skis= needle, ,someone better than you = needle, flatlanders,possers, gapers= needles, more or less its just something we say when we dont have anything better to say, hope this helps you out ya needle, just kiddin harv your allright jimmer

Lbtchnlgs
02-27-2007, 10:48 PM
jimmer how much longer you out of commission for?

jimmer
02-28-2007, 01:52 PM
jimmer how much longer you out of commission for? i go to the Dr tomorrow[thur] hoping for the go ahead from him to ski, so im hopeing real soon, going kinda crazy not being able to ski , have been doing some fishing thou me and my buddies got about 100 pearch yesterday out on the king, reel good fun , thanks for asking be back soon ,hopefully jimmer